Saturday, November 8, 2008

Justifiable Homicide?

My neighbor was hammering on something (outside, not in his house) at 7:45 this morning.  I threw on my robe as quickly as possible so I could waddle my ass outside to promptly chew his, but he was back inside before I got outside.  I am still fuming right now.  I know this sounds like such a minor thing, to be woken up shortly before eight, but I rarely manage to sleep past 5 or 6 anymore.  Of course, there is also the noise ordinance in our neighborhood (quiet hours are between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am).

I will see this loser bastard at some point and I hold a grudge way too well.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Matt won't even let me hammer INSIDE the house when he deems it to be quiet hours. Usually if I try to hammer after seven at night, I get in trouble. :)

chicklet said...

Nothing drives me crazier than someone doing renos at 7 in the morning. Birds at 7? Okay, we can't control that. Dogs? Wind? Whatever. But hammering? Seriously, wait until 9, be respectful.

Io said...

Ug. Rude neighbors - hate them. Not to be all one-uppy here, but you could have my neighbor who plays the drums in his backyard (and not well) to music until like midnight.

geohde said...

Oh YES... I remember the being unable to sleep because of discomfort.

Absolutely justifiable, my dear.

J

Rebecca said...

Feeling the hate and loving the hate...he deserves it. He was probably hammering and then said, "oh shit...that lady is pregnant...better get inside." Better luck catching him next time!

Angela said...

I can so relate. A home on the next block over (we're on the corner and they're on a side stree - their house faces the street and our back yard) has a loud - I mean, LOUD, car. I don't know what they use it for other than annoying their neighbors.

This morning, at 7am, the ass was revving it. I thought ... really? 7am?!? I was ready to strangle him and that was with me having already had a full night's sleep.

Sara Nunn said...

I haven't had the chance to read through your blog yet, but I plan to this evening! :) I got your message on my blogspot, and you can email me at sara.nunn@gmail.com - - That site is for my family, I have another blog where I mainly complain about my uterus at nunnthewiser.wordpress.com