Almost two weeks ago I wrote about my friend J (post is here). Her and A have gotten an update. Stage 4 cancer. A softball size tumor in his head that has eaten the bone in the front of his face. 6-9 weeks of chemotherapy followed by a very serious surgery involving facial reconstruction followed by 6-9 weeks of radiation. His chances of making it through the surgery are not very high, and if he does survive the surgery they give him a very small chance of ever making it off the ventilator. If he survives the surgery and beats the cancer he has a high chance of being disfigured and having speech and vision problems. His doctors told him to get the things done that he wanted to do before he died.
She is devastated. But on the tail of this devastation she has some odd hope. He finally told her that he wants to marry her and wants her to have his child. He can delay the beginning of his chemo long enough to try one natural TTC cycle. He's also going to freeze some of his guys in case it doesn't work this month. He's had over five years to make a serious commitment to J and he chooses what could be his last months on earth to do it?
I question his intentions. Of course when you're told that you're more than likely dying, you don't want to die alone and you don't want to die without leaving a legacy. He's told her that if he doesn't make it, that she and the baby would be very well taken care of (financially). But who would support her emotionally? She barely has any family left. His family is pretty emotionally screwed up (as in vacant).
Of course, I support her in whatever decision she makes. I know how much she loves A and has dreamed of marrying him and having his children. I gave her a crash course in TTC and offered any support I can give her. Now we just see what happens.
8 comments:
Ohhh no. So sad for so many reasons. Hoping against hope that he makes it through all this. I'll keep them in my prayers.
That is a lot of suckage. I hope they find a good solution that makes them happy.
oh my gosh
I am so sorry.
That is terribly sad. I don't even really quite know my own opinion on what she should do. All you can really do is pray for her to make the right decision, whatever that is.
I just can't even imagine.
Yikes...that's rough...all of it.
[...] from this most recent post, is now married. Her and A had a little ceremony at A’s house last night. I was given [...]
Post a Comment