Thursday, November 13, 2008

Appt Update & Picture

Today I had my "34 week" appointment.  This included my (hopefully) last growth scan. 


The boys both look wonderful.  I wasn't pleased with the u/s tech, though.  I'd gotten spoiled by having the same tech for the past couple of appointments and had forgotten just how different each tech does things.  My last tech measures a little more liberally.  I guess that's why both boys were in the 66th percentile.  But this tech, she was wayyy conservative with Baby A and pretty much in the middle with Baby B.  She stated that Baby A is in the 38th percentile now (how does his growth change that much in 4 weeks?  And I did voice my concern, but she said it was normal.  WTF?) and weighs about 4lbs 12oz.  She stated that Baby B is in the 50th percentile and weighs about 5lbs 2oz (That sounds normal to me since they are running out of room).  This is the first appointment that the boys weren't within an ounce or two of each other.  But, like I said, I watched while she was measuring and she was seriously conservative with Baby A's measurements. 



It was amazing to watch the boys practive breath!!!  To see their little chests moving up and down and their little diaphrams...it was sooo cute!  Of course they're stubborn little guys and, although they've moved, they haven't moved the way I'd like.  They're now both breech. 

I met a doctor today that I've never seen before.  Of course he walks into the room, "Hey!  It's been a while since we've seen each other!"  Really?  We've never met, but whatever, I'll undress from the waist down and let's get this over with.  He did my strep-B test then a cervix check (I swear it took forever).  My cervix has gone from 5cm to about 1.5cm.  He was in and out of the room before I even had a chance to ask one question.  And since it looks like I'm headed for a C-section, I had questions.  Oh, well.  They made sure and put me on my favorite persons list (love my midwife) for next week!  I also start NSTs next week.

I'm fairly disappointed with the results of todays appointment.  I'm happy with how the boys are doing.  I love feeling them wiggling around all the time.  I'm happy that my cervix is just now starting to shorten (and not dilate, yet).  But I'm not quite as ready to hear that I'm more than likely headed for a C-section as I thought I was.  It's about what's best for the boys, though.  I know there is the chance that Baby A will still flip, but it's not too likely according to the doctor. 

Without further ado...here's some pics (even an ugly one to show just how pretty stretch marks can be).

  


33-weeks-3-days


33-weeks-3-days-bare

10 comments:

Jen said...

Those percentiles for growth sound good to me! Half of babies have to be below the 50% or there wouldn't be that 50%.

I'm excited that you are getting so close!

Denise said...

That sucks that they are both breech now. But you're right, you have to do whatever is best for them. Are they going to go ahead and schedule a C-section for you?

Farah said...

I am sorry you had an appointment with Dr Personality

Rebecca said...

My babies' measurements started changing toward the end too...it freaked me out, but they're still changing! We scheduled a c-section around week 35 to make sure that we had the OR. God...are you nervous or what? I loved the c-section...so much easier than ruining your hooha! If you have any questions, let me know! Take it EASY!!!

Io said...

I hope something happens and the kiddo moves out of breech.
Dude, has it been a while since you posted a belly pic? You're totally preggo. And those stretch marks are awesome - like flames tattooed on your belly!

Angela said...

No one else has said it ... so I will ... but I say it with love (really, I do) ...

Holy freakin hell! lol

Please bear in mind that the only pregnant belly I have ever seen in person was my older sister when she was preggers with my oldest neice, who now has 3 children of her own. So yeah ... it's been a long time.

And stretch marks be damned! Every single one of those were hard fought and even harder won. Think of them as happy road maps marking your journey to two beautiful boys.

I think you're beautimous.

Tracy said...

Lookin' good, mama!

Don't worry too much about those US's. They were off by at least a half a pound on mine. The important thing is that they are both healthy weights!

I am a tad pissed about your OB's treatment of you...but glad you get to see your favorite midwife next week.

You're in the homestretch!

Sugar & Ice said...

I think everyone's twins must start to separate in size somewhere around this point. Mine were always within an ounce or two of one another until around 33 or 34 weeks. They were six ounces apart at birth, still not too great a gap. I have a friend who had twin boys back in July, and they were over a pound apart!

Nancy said...

Holy freaking shit. You look rad, but damn. Twin bellies still makes me gasp. (go ahead and slap the shit out of me!)

As my doctor just told me today, u/s can be totally off, so I wouldn't worry, especially because it's a different tech.

Jennifer said...

I hear you on the stretch marks, and I only had one. Unfortunately they don't look much better post-pregnancy, but it is well worth it.