Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bean & Cabbage Stew (vegetarian recipe)

Bean & Cabbage Stew



  • 1 tbs oil (I use 2 tbs of olive oil)

  • I large onion chopped

  • 3 med potatoes peeled and cubed

  • 3 med carrots sliced

  • ½ tsp caraway seeds (I use 1/4 tsp.  caraway seeds are sssstrong!)

  • 2 ½ cup veggie broth

  • 4 cups cabbage chunks

  • 1 cup frozen peas

  • 1 can great northern beans

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 1/4 tsp black pepper



  1. Heat oil in large skillet (I use a large pot).

  2. Add onion potato and carrots.  Cook until lightly brown, about 10 min.

  3. Add caraway seeds and sauté for one minute.

  4. Add broth and cook until carrots are almost tender, 7 to 10 min.

  5. Add cabbage and peas and cook 10 minutes, covered.

  6. Add beans salt & pepper and cook 5 more min, uncovered.


Check veggies and seasonings and serve!

Taste even better the next day!

3 comments:

Farah said...

YEAH your cooking, meaning you must be feeling better

Jen said...

That sounds good!

Io said...

Yum. I love cabbage.