Today is the day after the holiday, but I am so thankful.
Mel did a post called Mico-Thankfulness and it made me think even harder about the little things in life.
I am thankful for my beautiful girls. My Megan and my Emma dogs. I call them my "heathens", but they truly are wonderful animals. Yes, Emma will shred any piece of paper she can find and Megan will curl up in any available cushioned furniture, if you leave them unattended for too long downstairs. If someone comes to the door all I have to do is tell them "Go outside" in a firm voice and they run out their dog door and wait until I call them back in. These girls love me and my husband unconditionally and it shows. We very much love them back.
I am thankful for my kitchen appliances and gadgets. I know this is an odd one, but when we moved into this house it was full of really old nasty appliances and I had to live with those for a while. I'm not the best cook, but I truly enjoy it. It's so nice to have an oven that keeps the chosen temperature. Making a cake (or a meringue) is so much easier with the stand mixer that Mr. W gave me last year for Christmas. I'm thankful for all of my wonderful bamboo mixing spoons and my lovely pots and pans. They serve me so well and clean up so nicely! I also love my insanely cheap yet super sharp knife set.
I am thankful for my aqua globes, which truly have made it easier to keep my houseplants alive. I am thankful for my houseplants. I have quite a few of them and they almost all have a special meaning. There is the plant that I received from my first job in Charleston (my first job in my new life as I like to remember it). There is the small peace lily that was in the house when Mr. W moved in; we have no idea how it was alive since the house had been vacant for over a year. There are the corn plant, the large peace lily, and the schefflera from my Grandpa's funeral a few years ago. There are the mother-in-law's tongue and the african violet from my Granny's funeral two years ago. I have three plants that started out as cuttings from plants at my second job in Charleston. I have two jade plants, one was a gift from my last boss for my birthday year before last and the other is a clipping from a clipping from a clipping (etc) from a plant I owned my senior year in high school. I love my plants.
I am thankful that Mr. W doesn't mind cleaning. When I began this post he was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher. After he finished that, he brought me a glass of water. For that I was extremely thankful.
I am thankful that my menomenamena tree twinkles! (just found this out as we just put it up) The twinkling lights are so cheery and calming.
I am beyond thankful for all of the support and friendship I have received since first being found by Farah and then finding her blog.
There is so much more that I am thankful for, and I plan on writing more posts, but for now I'll leave it at this. Thank you!
2 comments:
I love my kitchen stuff too. My stand mixer is truly one of the greatest things ever.
aren't you the sweetest and so thankful
Post a Comment