Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cooking Lesson & The Plot Thickens

The Plot Thickens:


J, from this most recent post, is now married.  Her and A had a little ceremony at A's house last night.  I was given less than 24 hours notice that she wanted me to walk down the hallway (her aisle) before her.  She also asked me to dress up.  Hahahaha!!!  I explained that I would wear the least casual of the two pair of pants and two shirts that still fit.  It turned out very sweet even as disorganized as it was.  I still say that, in her shoes, I'd probably make the same decision, but I hope she knows what she's doing. 

Cooking Lesson - Mashed Potatoes (pay close attention beginning with step 4)



  1. Peel Potatoes

  2. Put potatoes in pot with a little crushed garlic and cover with water

  3. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender

  4. Instead of draining the boiling water into the sink, pour it on your belly and feet

  5. Immediately freak out about unborn children

  6. Once pain sets in (per husband this takes about 5 seconds from the sound of the water hitting the floor) scream multiple profanities and repeat "Oh, God!" at least a dozen times as the tears begin to stream down your face

  7. Place cold compress on belly and rush to call on-call doctor

  8. Find out boiling water doesn't hurt unborn babies, but does hurt you

  9. Realize toes are also in excruciating pain and place ice pack on them

  10. Instruct husband on adding milk, butter, salt and pepper to drained potatoes

  11. Sit on couch with compress and cold pack as husband uses hand mixer to mash potatoes

  12. Enjoy!  (the potatoes, not the severe pain as your children realize that the blistered side of your belly is once again safe for them)


 Now for the picture proof that I did this insanely clumsy and stupid thing.

 

 



 

 




And a 35 weeks 2 days picture (sorry for the lack of a shirt...blisters and material just aren't fun right now).



Updated this morning:

10 comments:

Farah said...

Good Lord Girlfriend ..you are going to ground these lil boys as soon as you see them for hte trouble they are causing you

OUCH

Jen said...

Oh, poor you. I totally understand though. Every single one of my shirts has stains because everything I drop hits the stomach. I hope the pain goes away fast!

geohde said...

Oof!

That belly pic brings back so many many memories of what it felt like to be unable to walk, sit on the loo, roll over in bed etc ...

xx

J

Sam said...

oh oww oh! It does get in the way doesn't it!! Apparently sudocrem is very good for stuff like that - you know, the nappy rash stuff!!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, I cringed just looking at those pics! Ow, ow, ow!!

Angela said...

oh gah that had to be painful. You poor thing!

And I'm with Farah - I see a grounding in those boys's future! lol

Sugar & Ice said...

I hope everything works out perfectly for your friend and her marriage!

Your poor belly! It looks eerily like mine did just a couple of short months ago. I'd have freaked about the boiling water too...ouch!

Io said...

Owwwww. Burns are seriously the worst freaking pain. So sorry dude.

Me said...

I hope she knows what she's doing too. I can't say I 100% agree. But I also can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Crazy, eh?

If the cancer doesn’t get you… « Waiting no more said...

[...] 27, 2008 · No Comments The blood clots will.  A, from this post and the ones linked to it is dead.  The brain tumor didn’t kill him.  A blood clot did, [...]