Saturday, October 6, 2007

More home improvement folly

Mr. W decided yesterday that he wants to put gutters on the house. So, in true Mr. W style, he went to the big blue home improvement store and bought the necessary things to accomplish this.

He got one section done and it started POURING down the rain! I thought the irony of it raining while he was putting up gutters was hilarious! Even funnier was the fact that the ladder he had to use to get off of the roof was lined up directly with the drain spout he had installed. He was drenched! Hahahaha!


This is an old pic of our house, before we resided, rescreened, replaced, and repainted everything. I marked the section of gutter that he was putting up (yes, we tore down the old broken gutters a couple of years ago). The blue line is the line of water that was coming from the drain pipe. the placement of the ladder is circled in red. At least this time the MIL was present to witness the comedy! :-)

6 comments:

topcat said...

OMG that is HILARIOUS!!! And so is your post below!!

I am LOVING that you're blogging on the misfortunes/ineptness of your husband. Whatever gets you through, right??

xox

Fertilize Me said...

hahahah this is just freakinhilarious... poo Mr W. is not going to like me much after you contiue to tell him that we think he is assuming!!!

lub said...

Another hysterical story for your dumbass husband category! I hope he got the chance to finish the job before the next big rain!

Erin said...

This and the drywall story are so funny - especially the drywall one! OMG - we've done lots of home improvement, and had lots of mishaps, but I think that one takes the cake!

Courtney said...

You have had some serious activity happening at your house (and some follies too)! Thank you for sharing the stories and pictures. :)

Sunny Jenny said...

How are you doing IF wise? I am thinking about you and hoping your last cycle is over.