Saturday, October 6, 2007


I walked over to the neighbor's house last night to help her with something. As soon as I got there my phone started ringing. I figured it was Mr. W asking where I was (I didn't tell him I was leaving, he was hanging drywall and I knew I'd only be gone a minute) so I answered, told him where I was and that I'd be back in a minute.

A couple of minutes later he called again, so I silenced it. A couple of minutes later he called again (and I do mean about two minutes) so I answered it. I was quite annoyed at this point. What is it he can't manage on his own for 10 minutes?!

Here's what he couldn't manage:

Him: "I need to you come home, now."
Me: "What's wrong."

Get this....this is HILARIOUS!!!

Him: "I've drywalled over the door."
Me: "OK?"
Him: "The drywall knife is not in the room."
Me: "So...you drywalled yourself in the room? And the knife is not in the room?....(pause)...So your stuck?"
Him: "Yes."

Needless to say me and the neighbor burst into laughter. (I'm giggling just thinking of it.) So I had to go home and use the knife to cut a small hole in the drywall so I could hand it to him. After I cut the hole I made him wait while I got the camera and took a few pics. Even he and his brother were laughing at this point. It was so funny!!!! I was going to take a pic of me holding the knife outside the room, but had to rush to the bathroom.

I promise I'll edit this with the few pics I did manage to take. This was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. And I thought things like this only happened on TV! Ha!






I cut a small hole in the drywall so I could pass the knife through. He covered it with something when I went and got the camera.











This is the hubby using said knife to cut himself out of the room. I would have taken more pictures if it weren't for the fact that I had to run to the bathroom. :-)

8 comments:

Diana said...

Oh you will be able to hold that against him for the next 50 years!

lub said...

Too funny! Too bad you didn't blackmail him for something fun! I like your label for the post too. :)

Froggylady said...

That is the best home improvement story ever! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Fertilize Me said...

PICS PICS PICS!!!

Katie said...

That is great - cannot wait for the pics! Isn't it great how life gives us reasons to laugh even in the midst of some sad times?

I also wanted to answer your question on the methotrexate from the other day. I wanted to say that when I took it, the exact same thing happened. I was told that the same rule applies to this type of miscarriage as a regular one. If you are soaking more than one pad per hour or have blood clots larger than an egg, go to the ER immediately.

Von said...

Hi Amanda,
Thanks for stopping by to say HI.
That is the best DIY story I've ever heard. I have to see some pictures of that.
I've been reading your past postings. I'm so sorry. Nothing can heal the pain but time.
Be gentle to yourself.

Geohde said...

Drywalling oneself into a room is a fairly impressive effort.

My congratulations to your spouse :)

J

Searching said...

That is absolutely hilarious!! :) Isn't it sweet of him to give you a pick-me-up at his expense? :p