Does anyone have any contraceptive ideas? We've been ordered to use two forms until we're out of our two month waiting period. I think I can handle the cond.oms. I cannot handle the foam. I am still having some discomfort this morning from that goop!
I am super sensitive. I had hoped that since a couple of years had passed that I would possibly be a little less sensitive, but it appears I am not. I can tolerate the latex from the cond.oms (and if this changes, I'll switch to non-latex or lambskin). I cannot tolerate "foam". I cannot use a diaphragm (a couple of reasons. if anyone really wants to know, I'm happy to share). Does anyone have anymore suggestions? I'd hate to double up and use a male and female cond.om. I have the sneaking suspicion that it would possibly negate the purpose of recreational s.e.x.
So, that's my TMI for the day. I'd love any input or comments anyone has! Thank you!!!
***Updated questions***
Has anyone ever used or heard anything about the "sponge"?
Does anyone know of any spermicides besides Nono.xynol-9?
7 comments:
I have issues with latex, too, so we use plyurethane when we need to use one. My DH also prefers them as they're much thinner (but just as safe!) than latex.
As for the 2nd type, I can't say. I've never had to double up on preventative since even just using condoms is reserved for any type of fun during or right after AF.
just a weird thought ..OPK's? for opposite reasonings? and you are the bestest .. have a great weekend
Hmmm. . . I haven't been trying to prevent pregnancy in so long, I am off my game. But I used the contraceptive films for awhile. . . they probably have the same crap as the foam, though.
I take it that you're looking for non-hormonal barrier contraception?
I don't have much assvice to offer. When we used condoms, we ended up giving up on them and using withdrawl instead. Naughty!
J
I was going to suggest the sponge. I've never used it, but my sister has and says it works great and is easy. I personally HATE both condoms and spermicide, so I'm sure I'll give the sponge a try next time I need to use something. The sponge was off the market for a long time, and it just came back a few months ago. There was a great "Seinfeld" episode where Elaine is stockpiling sponges since they were discontinuing them and is interviewing prospective partners see if they are "spongeworthy". Hilarious...you have to watch it if you haven't seen it.
On another note, isn't there something just oh so frustrating about having to use any form of protection when the ultimate goal is baby? It's just a cruel joke in the middle of this crapstorm. So sorry you have to even be thinking about this right now.
I'm too late for any advice. Not that I had any actually.
Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and hope you had a great weekend.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a book for either TTCers or Avoiders. Have you looked at it?
Post a Comment