- I crochet. I have a seriously limited attention span, therefore I only crochet small projects; mostly baby booties. Let me tell you how many people ask you "Are you pregnant?" when they see you making a baby bootie. Since when do you have to be knocked up to crochet baby items?!?!
- I am addicted to TV. I DVR about 10 - 12 shows per week.
- I have a twin brother. We are clo.mid babies.
- It seems that fertility issues runs in the family. My grandmother had to have "painful treatments" to conceive my Mom. My Mom had 3 rounds of clo.mid before conceiving me and my brother. My sister tried for two years before conceiving my nephew.
- I am a natural red-head, but I was born blonde. I had brown hair in middle school. I had red hair in high school. All of these were natural at the time.
- I am just a TMI person. IRL and online, I give TMI. To friends, family, coworkers, perfect strangers. I guess it’s due, in part, to my lack of modesty. It’s also due, I like to think, in part to my way of thinking. I think of my life in a clinical manner. I break it down scientifically and psychologically. I try to learn from my experiences that way. Either way it goes, beware what you ask because I WILL be honest. Ha!
- I once lived with a man that I met online. I moved in with him two weeks after I met him IRL. I had known him a maximum of two months. (Not knocking anyone else who has done this, it was fun while it lasted.) He was 17 years my senior.
- I love glass spice bottles. I can’t help but collect them, even though I don’t use them. I have at least a dozen of them in my pantry (they just sit there...empty, but so darn cute).
- I like younger men. 3 out of 4 of my "serious" relationships in my life were with younger men. My husband is about 3 years younger than me. (He looks much younger than that.)
That last one was thrown in just in case anyone already knew one of these things, already.
***UPDATE***
So really, I can't even do a normal ectopic. First of all, they never saw anything anywhere in my body resembling a pregnancy. Not in the tubes, not in the uterus, not anywhere! Then my numbers never got that high. Now the damn things won't drop enough!!! My hCG on day 4 (after the shots) was 36. It dropped to 32 by day 7. That's right about 11%. Not enough. It has to drop at least 15% between day 4 and day 7. Never mind the fact that it dropped 61% between the day of the shots and day 4...it's the day 4-7 drop that matters.
So I go today to have another quant hCG to make sure it's dropped enough from the 32. The doc is worried that the number will increase or "hover". If so, I'm back in the office today for more shots. The good side to this is that the shots don't hurt. The bad side is I'll probably start bleeding heavier. Nooooo!!!
And the answer to the s.e.x/no s.e.x questions is....can you guess? If you guessed no lovin' for Mr. W then you got it right. My doc said that I have to wait until my hCG is back in the "negative" range to have inter.course. It didn't help me plead my case when I told my doc that I had been having some "twinges" in the area of my right ovary. Of course she said we can do "other things". Yeah. Sure. I can do for him...but what's to be done for poor bleeding me? According to my doctor (I swear she said this), "Buy a vi.brator and use it on the outside only". Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!
I'll let you know more as the drama unfolds today.
4 comments:
wow that dr. and the vibrator comment ... hahaha. wow. I do hope this nightmare ends for you sooon. I am just so srry and i feel really awful for you. I hope tv is providing some good entertainemnt and distractions for you
That's great about your doctor giving you a prescription for some self-lovin'!
But, seriously, Sweetie, I hope that you are taking care of yourself. Life has been throwing you some curve balls lately, I admire your grace under fire.
Hey Amanda--I came over from Katie's blog--just wanted to say hello=) And I am sorry for all the drama!
Im with ya on #2!
That vibrator comment is too funny. Sorry she didn't give you any answers you wanted! Heard about the latest numbers yet?
So, with all the booties, what do you do with them? If you want a good tiny project, NICUs like to give out itty bitty booties, hats, and tiny blankets to the babies. good for short attention spans. :) I never mastered curving things, so made squares, little blankets, or scarves. Nothing useful!
Post a Comment