Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Your Slang vs My Slang

I learned something new today. 

I'd always known that saying something in the US and saying it in another country could get you different reactions, but today I received a great example.  Fanny.  This is a word that my mother will use on any given occasion when she needs to refer to someones ass.  It's always amused me because it seems like such a ridiculous word to use in place of butt/behind/patootie.  Of course this is my mom we're talking about and unless you cut her off in traffic (or you're my evil SIL) she bites her tongue and uses polite words.

Today I learned what "fanny" is slang for in other countries.  Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Click the "keep reading" link below if you don't know what it means.

 



 

 










fanny Noun. 1. The female genitals. Its use may cause confusion in the U.S. where it means buttocks.
2. A female viewed as a sexual object.

8 comments:

Io said...

Heh. Yeah, that's quite a different meaning seeing as how fanny is such an innocent word here.

alison said...

Bahahaha. That's awesome. My grandma uses Fanny too, as in "you better get your fanny in here". :)

Caro said...

Yup always makes me laugh when you guys say fanny.

Farah said...

that's awesome

geohde said...

Did you not know?

Cna I add the eternal 'pessary' and 'suppository' mixup that causes me such mirth. ALong with 'thongs' as underwear instead of footwear and 'pants' as trousers instead of underwear! ;)

PS. You beat me- you got more knocked up, by a couple of days so far,

xx

J

Me said...

Oh my!!! I did NOT know that!

Imogen said...

LOL, you guys are the ones who have it backwards ;) A fanny could never be anything but a vagina to me! :D

Courtney said...

Hahahahaha, that's awesome, I had no idea. I'm def. gonna let my mom in on that secret since she says that from time to time.