Sunday, December 7, 2008

Show me Your Tree!

smyt



Alison at (un)complicate me has a yearly (second year!!!) tradition of a show-me-your-tree post.  It's a great way for everyone to share their tree/Menorah/decorations/lights-in-the-snow picture/whatever.  I participated last year and, of course, this year. 

100_1870


This year we finally have our pre-lit tree.  I assure you it's not as nice as it sounds, though.  One row is already completely out and another row blinks whenever it feels like it (took me a few shots to get a pic while the row wasn't out).  I think I know how to fix the kinks, but I just can't get around to it.  I can't wait until I can put the tree up next year.  Mr. W was kind enough to do it this year, but that means that the branches weren't properly arranged and the ornaments weren't quite how I'd do them.  I still love it, though!


100_1866


I also have all of our stockings hung (by the fireplace with care, of course).  I finally found the holders I had been looking for and am satisfied with the results.  Believe it or not, I am so OCD that I used a measuring tape to make sure they were spaced evenly.  Well, there can be no more pets or children for me, unless I get rid of the hubby...there's no more room on the mantle!  (and for those of you that are interested...there are names on the stockings ;-))

3 comments:

alison said...

Your tree is fantastic yet again! I can't believe you got all that fancy-ness done so close to d-day. :) I was exhausted myself - I obviously have no room to complain.

And very, very cute names. I'm partial to Jack myself, I have a furry little friend named Jack sleeping next to my feet right now. :o) (He came pre-named though, I always wanted to save it for a baby name, but alas that won't be happening now...).

Jendeis said...

I love your pet stockings!!

Sugar & Ice said...

Which names are for the babies?? I'm not sure which name is your husband's.