Friday, December 12, 2008

Smitten (with pictures!!!)

I'm going to try to make this short, but beware, it will probably be choppy.  I knew I would have anxiety the night before my c-section, but I was so afraid of oversleeping that I woke up every 15 minutes for the 4 hours I managed to stay in bed.  Doh!  Then 23 hours later I managed to catch about two more hours of sleep.  Tonight the nurseries have my boys and I have an ambien.  But you didn't come here to read about that, did you?


A huge THANK YOU to dear Farahfor updating my blog yesterday.  I had high hopes of being a super blogger like some other person I know (hint), but we can't all be that cool.  ;-)


Trip (he's named after his father  who is a junior; Trip is short for triple; get it) had a little trouble keeping his O2 saturation levels quite in the right level, so they took him to the level II nursery right after he was born.  He ended up only needing an oxygen hood for about 24 hours.  This morning he got to escape from his space helmet to plain room air.  He has tolerated a few feedings (I tried breastfeeding, but it only puts him asleep to be that close to me right now), and seems to be regulating his body temp just fine.  Hopefully he'll be moved to level I tomorrow morning.  As soon as that happens he can come to my room and I can spoil him rotten with hugs and kisses get down to some serious attempts at breast feeding.  He got a good latch already, but just had no desire to suck.


Jack (his first name is after my brother, but in my family the men go by their middle names) can nurse very well...when he wants to.  He didn't want to for about 7 hours today.  I figured if this kid didn't want it then I could try to get whatever drops of gold I could out to feed to his older brother.  Go figure, I pump then he wants to eat.  I did let him nurse for a good while but of course he was still hungry and had to be supplemented with some formula. 


Mr. W is so in love that I'm shocked he hasn't spontaneously combusted.  I have yet to change a diaper, even.  He's figured out how to swaddle almost as good as the nurses.  :-o  He's also been doing so much for me that the nurses only come in as a courtesy anymore.  Ha-ha!  I'll have to tell you about one of the sweetest and heartbreaking things some other day, but this man is so in love with these little boys that it looks like it hurts at times.  Of course this just makes me love him even more.


A quick update on me before I get to the good stuff.  The surgery went just fine.  I had the worse case of the shakes during the whole thing and afterwards, but that was really the only bad thing I could say about it.  As soon as they pulled the boys out I said, "I feel skinny!"  Even the doctor chuckled at that one.  I'm following doctors orders and moving around, but not overdoing it.  I'm also making sure to take my pain meds regularly.  I'm uncomfortable, but at most times my pain level is minimal.  :-)



100_1887


 


This is the first time that Mr. W was able to hold his oldest son.  They stared at each other the entire time.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


100_1890


 


 


This is a closeup of Jack.


 


 


 


 


100_1892


 


 


This is a closeup of Trip.


 


 


 


 


 


  100_1893


 


 


One proud Dad holding both of his sons for the first time!


 


 


 


Two more pics to come tomorrow.  The ambien has kicked in and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.  Thank you all for your love and support!!!


 


 


 

6 comments:

Farah said...

I'm crying!

Denise said...

What beautiful boys you have! Sweet dreams!

Geohde said...

So very very happy for your newly expanded family- it is hard to sleep at this time, even though you're so very very tired. The birth high is powerful. Ambien= good idea :)


Totally get where you 'feel skinny' from :). I made a similar remark at my c-section, and I was swanning around the ward feeling all svelte. Until my sister told me I still looked 9 months with one. How rude!

J

chicklet said...

So very very cute:-)

Tracy said...

ADORABLE!!! Welcome Jack and Trip!

My Scott was a grade-A swaddler by the time we came home, too. It's great to see the daddies in action, isn't it?

Glad you aren't in too much pain.

nancy said...

freaking adorable! Jeez, I'm so jealous. I want a newborn SO badly!