I explained that I've been trying everything I could think of to help. I've lounged on my left side, I've kept my feet up, I've made sure to alternate walking around my house with staying seated, and I've hydrated hydrated hydrated. To. No. Avail. I've gained 4lbs in 5 days...water weight.
The swelling looks hilarious, but not being able to get my pants on is not. If anyone has seen Wall-E, I pretty much look like one of the humans in the movie. Especially when I'm walking. (love that movie by the way!) OK, so maybe my midsection looks a little different than the captain below, but the rest of me fits. Seriously, it's comical!

I've been ordered to "rest more". I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to do that since I do nothing but rest all day long. I get up to get my blood circulating, to eat, and to go to the bathroom. She also suggested I get some compression stockings, but I don't think I want to spend the money on them when I'll only be pregnant for about 10 more days. Of course maybe I should since I've heard this can get even worse afterwards. We'll see.
I didn't bother to have her check my cervix. Last Wednesday I was 50% effaced and maybe a little more than a fingertip dilated. I have my regularly scheduled appointment on Thursday so we'll see if there's been any change.
Oh yeah! Baby B must be very smart! He seems to have figured out that if he hides (as much as he can) behind my burn, he won't get poked. The intern trying to get his heart rate was having a little bit of trouble because he was firmly tucked right behind my burn. I tried to assure her that it was OK to place the doppler there, but she wouldn't do it. It really does look worse than it is. Of course, me being the freak that I am, the shock on her and the midwife's faces when I showed the the burn amused me. I'm messed up! ;-)
6 comments:
Oh God...the swelling is the worst. I got some of those compression hose, but someone else had to put them on...I couldn't reach my feet to start them much less have the energy to reach around my enormous belly to pull them up! I could barely pull up my underwear at that point! I couldn't imagine wearing pants and socks and all of that...I was prego during the summer which saved me. I really hope you get some relief soon...one time when it was really bothering me, I got into the tub...that helped...
As long as you let me have a baby first! No cheating!
I hope you de-swell soon!
I think the swelling would drive me crazy - I hate just being bloated!
10 more days! Hang in there!
I hope it doesn't get worse! Hang in there!
I wear a prescription strength compression stocking on my left leg due to vascular disorder. (That only occurs in my left leg. My husband's amputation is on the left side. We joke that, perhaps, if we're lucky enough to be able to reproduce, that maybe they would be better off being born without a left leg.) At first I hated it because a.) it's expensive ($60 for 2) and b.) it's kinda uncomfortable. But in time I found that a.) I got used to the "uncomfortableness" and didn't notice it anymore and b.) it actually significantly reduces the (mild) pains I have in that leg.
So... I'm a HUGE advocate for the compression stocking. Very worth it. But then I'm biased. ;)
Post a Comment