Saturday, December 27, 2008

If the cancer doesn't get you...

The blood clots will.  A, from this post and the ones linked to it is dead.  The brain tumor didn't kill him.  A blood clot did, though.  He fell dead of a heart attack this morning.  

J took A to a doc-in-the-box yesterday evening due to pain and swelling in his legs.  They then sent him to the best hospital around for an ultrasound.  After being examined at said hospital and being determined that it could be a blood clot A was sent home with aspirin and an order to come back in the morning for the ultrasound; there was no ultrasound technician on duty at that hour. 

This morning A turned to J right before he fell to the floor.  They were on their way out the door heading back to the hospital for the ultrasound.  He was dead before the EMTs got there.

Ten months to the day after her father died, her husband died.

To say she is broken is an understatement.

5 comments:

Farah said...

wow poor thing

nancy said...

omg. How terrible. I'm so sorry for her loss.

Jen said...

That's awful. I am so sorry. I will be thinking of her.

keanetwins said...

Oh,my.

I never know what to say in the face of such terrible tragedy.


I am so sorry.

J

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry...this was a horrible ending for them.