Trip hasn't needed extra oxygen for 48 hours; he's been off IV for 24 hours; he's feeding well and his sugars have been great. Jack's bilirubin levels are excellent. I'm able to walk around without any real pain and from what they say my incision looks great. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we all get to go home today.
I woke up at 6 this morning and burst into tears. Sobbing I-want-my-Mommy type tears. All I could say was, "I want my babies! I want to go home!" I've kept the boys in the nursery the past two nights so I could get a few hours of sleep and I woke up unhappy with that decision. Luckily a shower, some pain meds, and some food helped with the emotional overload. Now, I'm waiting for the doctor to come in so I can go to my boys.
AND I JUST GAVE MYSELF MY FIRST LOVENOX INJECTION! I'm proud of myself (I'm such a needle-phobe)! :-)
Please send all your well wishes and prayers that they let me take both of my babies home with me today. Mr. W said if they keep Trip then he will take me and Jack home, but he'll be back at the hospital as soon as he gets us settled. His plans are to spend 22 hours a day in the nursery and the two hours that he won't be allowed (shift changes) he'll sit in the waiting room. He's a bit smitten with these little creatures. :-)
10 comments:
i am so thrilled for you and your beautiful family. congrats!!!
Congrats!! The pictures are awesome and they're such handsome little men already.
I'm glad their levels are normal and stayin there. Whew! I'll be crossing fingers that all 3 of you get to go home at the same time.
So glad things are looking great! Hoping hoping hoping you all get to go home together today! :)
Last night I was catching up on blogs and told j about Trip and Jack, he asked if Trip was named after Trip on Dirty Sexy Money (I don't watch it, j does). I said sure?? which seemed to satisfy him. Strange boy, that j. ;)
Now, that's a good daddy!
I hope you are all able to go home soon!
They are SO DIVINE. You ALL are. I hope you get to take them both home with you! And, no wonder you cried ... it's called the "Third day blues." I had no idea about it til someone told me, it corresponds with your milk coming in, all the hormones, etc.
Mwah XOXOXOXO
Who wouldn't be smitten with them? Congrats!!!
congratulations!!! your boys are adorable! i hope you got to go home... i was tearing up hearing you describe mr. w. what a precious thing to witness... and be a part of.
All fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!
Oh, I really hope you got to go home together!!!
Post a Comment