Friday, November 23, 2007

Thank you and No Thank you

Yeah, Thanksgiving just wasn't what it usually is, yesterday. I wasn't very thankful. I'll try to keep this in proportion, though.

Things I was not thankful for
  • Mr. W is out of town. (military life. yay.)
  • My sister let the cat out of the bag that evil SIL got another BFP
  • My sister also let it out of the bag that evil SIL's beta has already begun to drop
  • My brother was supposed to tell me all of this the day before
  • My mom told me that evil SIL's beta was already down from 5 to 3 and my only comment was, "She's not pregnant, then. How did they even consider this viable?"

So yeah, I really miss Mr. W. This is the first holiday that we've been apart. I knew it was something that would eventually happen. I'm not even really complaining, I'm just down about it, right now. And he'll be back soon. I'm lucky that he's not one of the guys that gets sent places for months at a time.

My sister felt horrible for telling me about evil SIL. She assumed that since I had spoken to my brother, that he had actually told me. Especially since the rest of my family told him that he really needed to do it before Thanksgiving (given that I'm an emotional basket case, right). She really was afraid that it ruined my day. She didn't know I'd already spent part of the morning crying for no reason other than the fact that I was feeling sorry for myself.

Any why couldn't my brother tell me? Who knows. I've given up on wondering why my brother does (or does not do) the things he does. I love him and accept him as he is. It would be nice if he would step up to the plate once in a while, though.

Seriously? That's the comment I had? Am I that big of a bitch, now? Wow! I really have to work on that one. I do feel sorry for evil SIL. Really I do. And I'm sure her beta had to be above 5 for the docs to say she was pregnant. (now I really don't understand why they would give her another blood test if her beta was already down to 5...that's considered negative.) My brother told my mom that they were going to "get a shot that wouldn't let this happen again). I can only assume that this means she's going to start getting a birth control shot. So be it. I've previously stated that I really don't think she should procreate anymore than she already has.

Things I am thankful for

  • My sister lives across town from me (this is not our hometown) and welcomes me into her home anytime. She is there for me.
  • My parents drove down to spend Thanksgiving with me and my sister.
  • Mr. W called me the day before Thanksgiving just to wish me a happy Thanksgiving.
  • My brother is "up to the plate" and is there for evil SIL in what I know is a difficult time (even for an evil person)
  • It's the day after Thanksgiving and I can start putting up Christmas decorations!

So now I've got to jump into the shower so I can head over to the sister's house. I'm going to make dinner for the parents, sis, bil, the angelic niece, and the heathen nephews! Yummy!

Hopefully I'll get home in time to do some more cleaning around the house so I can have my tree up tomorrow. My parents are coming over for dinner and I'd like to have, at least, the inside of the house decorated. Does crab and corn bisque go with Christmas decor? Haha!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry your Thanksgiving sucked. Hopefully Christmas will be better.

I started Christmas decorations today too. I am about 60% done so far. I will not sleep until I am done. (Except for the outside lights, I am planning to do those tomorrow.)

Crab and corn bisque sounds fantastic and obviously goes really well with Christmas. Throw a little red food coloring in it if it makes you feel better.

Fertilize Me said...

Amanda - I am so so so so so so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. I feel like its been AGES since we have talked ( i know its only been like 2 days - but whatever) I am glad that your parents came down. I know that was very special for you. As for No Mr W., I wish he could be there for you and i know that he wishes the same thing. Love you hun - have fun with your parents and christmas decorations

Geohde said...

Families, huh? I'm sorry about all the drama,


j

Chas said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the part about I don't think the doctor's office would tell them they're pregnant with a beta of 5...that's just crazy. My last one was 16 and they went ahead and told me they were 99% sure it was a no-go (they were right). Anyway, I'm sorry it all hurt you feelings and put a damper on your holiday. At least you've got the other things you mentioned to be thankful for.