Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Can I have a chaser of 9-healthy-months with that shot?

Background info: My cold has turned into a sinus infection and laryngitis. I unable to speak in anything above a whisper.

Funny how people feel the need to whisper to you when you whisper to them. (not funny haha)

I went to the dol.lar tree looking for HPTs. I'm not doing anything proactive this month so I figured I'd stock up for the future. I had to ask where the tests were, because I couldn't find them.

Of course I had to whisper when I asked.

Me: "Do you have any pregnancy tests?"
Girl whispers back in an almost superior tone: "Yes. Do you need one?"
Me: "Yes."
Girl: she just stood there.
Me: "Where are they?"
Her: "There over there. Behind the counter. (insert pause as she just stares at me) Are you really whispering? Or..."
Me: "I have laryngitis. I really can't talk."
Her: "OMG. I'm so sorry! People come in here and there all secretive about questions like that."
Me: "I have no problem asking! We've been trying for a while."
Her: "Oh, it hasn't happened yet? You know they have that shot..."

Seriously! The world needs a huge dose of education as far as IF is concerned!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I despise the horrible advice people give. Do you think you have really never heard of that before?

Fertilize Me said...

DUDE , what isle is that shot on?

Chas said...

They have a shot that can get you pregnant, huh? Wow, if that's all it too...wouldn't it be nice!

Geohde said...

Yeah, I'd love 'that shot'.

It's a bit like assvice to try IVF. ALways throws people when I say I have, and *surprise* no baby...

J

Courtney said...

Uggghhhh...that persistent, never ending, 'did I ask you?' unsolicited advice. I guess we can all pack up and shut down the blogs as soon as the new fangled shots make the rounds. AAAAAHHHHH!!!

SaraS-P said...

There's a shot??? Really???

O...M...G.

Searching said...

Sounds like a perfectly delightful trip to top off not feeling well and having no voice! Geeeeeez, some people!