Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How late is too late...

i googled how late is too late and got this image


I received a phone call from my Pastor's Wife, today. She was very nice and just wanted to make sure everything was well with me. She told me that my sister had informed her that I had laryngitis. Blah blah blah. More pointless conversation. Then out of nowhere, this woman that I've met once in brief passing, says, "And I heard about the baby..." (no really, she let the conversation end like that.)

So two months to the date after the miscarriage part of my BCMEP someone wants to bring it up. Someone that I do not know. Someone that heard about this from someone else. Although I'm sure she meant well...I don't know.

What do you guys think? How would you feel if someone randomly brought up such a sensitive subject close enough to the time it happened that it's still raw yet far enough away that you're not openly mourning anymore?

4 comments:

Jen said...

I would be furious. In fact, I am, on your behalf. That is why I didn't want to tell anyone. So, if anything horrible happened (and it did) I wouldn't have to deal with dreadful questions.

Von said...

I would think a pastors wife should know better than that. Esp. When having heard it from someone else. Yet again an example of people not having a clue.
I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

I had the same thing happen to me at work. One of the other teachers sought me out after school to talk about it. I was very uncomfortable to say the least, but I think she was trying to help. Sometimes people don't really get that a m/c is not something you really want to talk about.

Baby Step said...

That would make me really mad. Maybe because she is the pastor's wife, she thinks no topic is sacred. I probably would have just told her it is a very personal topic and you don't feel like talking about it.
I am sorry you had to deal with it.