So find another job you say? I just don't want to. I want to be pregnant and quit my job. (Mr. W has decided that when I'm pregnant, if work stresses me, then I can quit.) I want to spend my time being domestic. I want to cook and clean and sew and take care of babies! Please don't all laugh at me at once.
How will this all play out? I've made up my mind that regardless of my pregnancy status, I will not be employed next year. I haven't worked out all of the details, but it's got to happen. By then we'll be debt free (except for the mortgage) so it's not like we'll struggle. The house will be finished and refurnished. Stick a fork in me, I am done! It will be an adjustment, but not a struggle.
So for now I have to work on my attitude (because I've turned into a raging bitch that gets irritated at the most minute things). I have to work on finding happiness within myself. Most of all I need to work on letting go things that I cannot change.
---------------
Why is it that it's perfectly acceptable to spend 9 hours a day at a job? What about time with your family?! I have 4.5 hours a day that aren't spent working, going to and from work, getting ready for work, or sleeping. That would break my heart to not be able to spend more time with my children if I had any. As it is, by the weekend Mr. W and I feel like we haven't spent any time together. Full time should be 6 hours a day! :-)
---------------
I'm 7DPO today. No symptoms to report, which doesn't shock me. I have had some mild cramping on my right side, which makes me a little nervous. If something is happening down there, I really don't want it to happen on any one side. I'd prefer a little cramping in the middle. But of course, I'm a little paranoid about ectopic.
All in all, I feel very peaceful. If I don't get a BFP this month, the world will continue to spin. :-)
***UPDATE***
MY PROGESTERONE WAS 30.9 4DPO!!!! YAY!!! This was one of my fears, that I had low progesterone. I feel so relieved! Now it's all out of my hands. :-)
13 comments:
So sorry about the working situation
YAH for p4 results!
Ugg, job situations can be a PAIN in the arse. Im sorry!
Your prog. levels look great! ;)
Some people are built for working (with children) and some aren't. For example, I'm built for working. I don't see it spending it away from my children. I see it as being ~me~, being Nancy. And then going home and making the other time super special. I can tell you 100% I enjoy my time better when I get to come home to it. When I was on leave, it wasn't the same.
I'm the kind of person that feels like you. I feel like I was missing out on something when I was working and Lila was with a babysitter all day, every day (minus weekends and school holidays). Don't get me wrong, we keep busy now that I stay at home; we're very involved with a play group that I help organize, but even if we weren't I wouldn't give it up for the world. How does the saying go....when a person is on their death bed, you never heard them say "I wish I'd worked more." They always wish they'd spent more time with family...whether it be children, spouse, parents, siblings, cousins, etc.
I'll go back to work one day...when the time is right, but money is not a priority in my life...not even a little bit...so it'll be on my terms when it's right for my family.
I'm with you on being domestic. That is what I would love to do. We'll see. Except for the sewing, I'm not all for sewing.
That is SO GREAT that you don't have to work if you don't want to. What a great situation. And Woo Hoo on the progesterone numbers!!
It's wonderful that you have options and won't be stuck in a soul-crushing job just to pay the mortgage. Best of luck in every possible way.
Great P4 level! I agree the working day is too long :D
Ohhhh, I hear you a thousand times!! That's why I bargained with hubbie, and now "work" (ahem) from home.
That is SO great about your progesterone, yay. xox
When you figure out how to stop worrying about things you can't change, can you let me know?? :)
Great P4
J
Congratulations on the great progesterone number! I hope it just keeps climbing and climbing (for obvious reasons)!!!
Yay for the good progesterone. Here's to spending next year not at work, but at home! I have just made the decision to cut back my work hours from 40 to 32. Doesn't seem like much, but I think it'll help me since stuff has been off to a rocky start. Once we're lucky enough to have kids, I will definitely be cutting back more!
Good Luck with your cycle this month. My fingers are crossed for you!
Post a Comment