After arriving at the pool hall, my friend and her boyfriend realized that 3 people make an odd group for pool (at least this was what they told me) and decided to find one of his friends to come play. After searching through his phone (married...out of town...out of town...married...girlfriend...wait, he's separated) he found someone. This someone happened to also be in bed watching TV and quite reluctant to leave his comfort. This someone also made a good decision and got out of bed.
I was forwarned that the friend was a little bit of a redneck. That was a bit of an understatement. And he was short. My height exactly. But wait...he was soooo cute! And that smile...that twinkle in his eye...
His first impression of me? "Damn she's skinny!" And it was a pretty accurrate impression. 5'5" and about 115 lbs (165 cm 52 kg) with a moderate bone structure. I could have used a sandwhich.
After not a lot of conversation and a few bad games of pool, we were all ready to leave. My friend convinced me to come with them to her house, even though my poor kitty was locked in my apartment and I had to go to work in the morning.
A few more beers...one thing lead to another...
Eventually our "fling" turned into love. Love turned into marriage.
And that's how I met Mr. W. 4 years ago.
On a completely different note, I got to see this today:

12 comments:
YAH for Mr W- wasn't it his lucky Night 4yrs ago!!!! Bet he didn't know what hit him ;)
LOOK at the beautiful sight! i Just love seeing those lil bars with an egg!
And now you can both go to bed at 9:00pm together. :)
:)
J
Ooh yay for the fertility monitor!
Happy meeting-day anniversary!
Jesus. I think I missed the part about it being '2004'. I read it amazed, wondering what the hell happened to Mr W. I thought either a crazy ass divorce happened over the weekend or you've been making the whole husband thing up. heh.
Well - yay for anniversaries!
Aw, yay love :)
Good number! Cute story. I love "how we met" stories!!!
Ooooooooh - look at that eggie!! So juicy and plump and ripe.
I LOVE that story. Yay for the both of you getting up and going out. Happy anniversary. xo
What a great story, AND what a beautiful photo! Happy peaking!!!
That's an awesome story. Lol.
The post above won't allow comments so I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon,
J
wow-- what a great story. you've told it to me, what what a great read!
happy meeting day anniversary.
bet you didn't ecpect to see me here :0)
luv ya-
barbara
Post a Comment