Friday, January 11, 2008

To pic or not to pic?


This weekend (whenever Mr. W and I get to the store) I'm going back on Weig.ht Wa.tchers.  I did this last spring and lost 17 pounds!  For you metric ladies, that's 7.7 kilos!  Now I've gained back almost ever bit of it.


I plan on chronicling my journey here, for the world to see.  The question is, would you want to see pictures?  I'm contemplating having Mr. W take front, rear, and side view pictures so I can see exactly how far I've come.  Granted my body is not pretty and it won't be supermodel hot even when I get to my goal weight, but it's only a body.  Of course the posts would be password protected, but of course just about anyone who asks can have the password.  But they would be bathing suit-ish pics (as if I had a suit that fit..HA!).


So tell me what you think...pics or no pics?


I tried to add a poll, but could not.  I've really got to sit down and figure out this whole wordpress and CSS thing.  Grrrrrr



11 comments:

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Congrats on making the decision to return to WW -- committing to start a quest for better health is always the hardest part (at least for me). And I say yes on the pics -- my weight has bounced around more than I care to admit over the past few years, and sometimes I think if I had pics chronicling the journey I wouldn't be so quick to gain it back.

I think I forgot to ask for a pswd -- can you send me one? ourboxofrain at gmail dot com. Thanks!

alison said...

I say if you want to pic, then pic! :)

We have pics (not nakkey ones though) on our BL "Million Pound Matchup" site, and the whole world can see those. Although they're just pictures of us in whatever clothes we had on the day we took them, so they're not too scandalous! :) Congrats on rejoing WW, I hope it works well for you! I lost 1.9 lbs this last week. Okish, but not the greatest ever.

Chas said...

I'm nosy, so I'd like seeing pics, but that's totally up to what you're comfortable with. My mom just started WW this week, so I hope she has the same results you've had.

JJ said...

Im a visual person, so I say GO with the pics=) Best of luck--I LOVE WW!

Nancy said...

Hrm, my comment didn't work. It said I was posting comments too quickly? Weird.

Good for you for making decisions that is good for your health. ~clap~clap~!

Secondly - pictures are awesome. It sucks at first and those first few weeks of what looks like the same pictures suck. BUT ... once you start seeing the results, you can't wait until you can post the next picture. And you'll do anything to keep on track so that next picture looks good. So I think I'm a "yes" on the pictures!

rebecca said...

i always love pics. makes people more real. also, i am sure it would definitely motivate you knowing you had to post a pic on the web. not that you had to, but you know what i mean...

Farah said...

i want pics!!

babystep said...

I think you should post the pix if you feel comfortable with that, and of course I would love to see your progress. Who knows, it may motivate some of us too!

Trace said...

Wow, talk about incentive. It will definitely give you a kick in the butt (LOL).

geohde said...

I'd personally never have the guts (ha!) to post pics of my wobbly self.

Good on you for the motivation though!

J

lub said...

Great job on your decision to join WW! I have done it too with lots of success. I really like the online tracking too. Anyway, if you are comfortable with the pics- go for it! It might keep you even more accountable- ya know?