Monday, May 19, 2008

the end and the beginning

Today would have been my EDD for my first pregnancy (had it not gone all ectopic and what-not).  Now I close a chapter in my book.  This chapter didn't end with a THB. 

Today I began a new chapter in my book.  Today I got to hear my babies heartbeats.  :-D  It was completely surreal and beautiful.  Baby A measured 8w1d with a heart rate of 170 bpm.  Baby B measured 8w1d with a heart rate of 167 bmp.  They are doing wonderfully!

There is a small bleed right above my cervix (which explains the bright red spotting I had Friday), but the doc isn't too concerned about it.  She said it's quite common and should clear up on its own.  Of course the only reason I'm so calm about it is because I haven't seen anymore red.

The nausea is under control (for the most part) so I'm attempting to go back to work tomorrow.  I'm not excited to go back to work, but I am excited to rejoin the world of the living.

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary.  I cannot believe that I am married to the man of my dreams (lets be honest, I couldn't have even dreamed up a guy this good) and am pregnant with his children.  This is bliss!

18 comments:

wanttobeamom said...

It's so nice to hear this great news! Congrats!

I hear you about being happy being married to your husband and pregnant with his kid(s)! Those are the good things in life. =)

Annalien said...

Excellent, excellent news! So glad the twins are looking great and that your nausea is more under control. Praying for continued good news.

Farah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Welcome to the land of the living! I have missed you

and yaaaaah for hearing heartbeats!

christina(apronstrings) said...

i know! it is all too much. sometimes it feels unreal, because it is just too good. i feel high.

JJ said...

Happy Anniversary! And SO happy you heart the heartbeats=) BIG similes for you today!

Chas said...

Terrific news about the babies!

Happy Anniversary!!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm sorry for the sadness that the close of yesterday's chapter brought, but so very glad for the happiness that comes with all the good things in this new chapter. Yay for a great ultrasound!

Happy anniversary!

sara said...

Happy anniversary and I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeats. Doesn't it make your hear smile?

Katie said...

Oh, I am so glad that you have reigned in the all-day sickness! It is a vicious cycle and I am glad that it has been broken by the magic trifecta.

I am also so glad that the bleeding has slowed and does not seem to be a cause for alarm.

Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

I'm sorry about yesterday's should-have-been. That sucks.

But happy anniversary and hooray for heartbeats!

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on a great scan! I can't wait to see the pics of your babes.

Diana said...

How wonderful!! SO glad you got to hear the heartbeats!!!

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy! :)

geohde said...

Happy anniversary :)

J

Angela (PolkaDot) said...

What wonderful news! And just in time for your anniversary. Couldn't be more perfect.

Rebecca said...

Yay! Congratulations to you! :)

Visiting from NaComLeavMo...

TGIF!!! « Waiting in line…is it MY turn? said...

[...] yeah, and I haven’t forgotten about the u/s that I promised to post here, I just haven’t been able to get it scanned.  I’m going to see if I can use my [...]

Pics « Waiting in line…is it MY turn? said...

[...] 1, 2008 · No Comments I finally updated this post with my 8 week u/s [...]