Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Honest Opinions, Please

So I'm doing NaComLeavMo (see link on my sidebar) but have a question.  When I'm randomly leaving comments, should I make a quick mention of the fact that I am currently in the knocked up state?  Maybe leave a little note along the lines "pg after IF"?  What do you think?  Honestly?  I found myself leaving a comment on someone who was dealing with a recent loss and almost didn't comment because I in no way want to upset anyone.

All opinions wanted, please!

9 comments:

Chas said...

I wouldn't...

Farah said...

I vote no- just comment when yuo want to and leave it at that

chicklet said...

I don't think you need to. Those of us not pregnant know what we're getting into clicking on any other commenters.

I'd say as long as you don't write "yo, I'm pregnant and you're not, ha ha ha!", I'm totally okay with you commenting:-)

JuliaS said...

If it were someone you knew a little better and could better gauge what the reaction might be - then maybe. However - if just popping in along the NCLM list (like I just did here), probably best to play it simply and not get personal.

Happy reading and commenting! (And congrats on your pg!)

geohde said...

Sometimes I do, but only if my best guess is that the blogger concerned has had the kind of time that might make a twin blog a little hard to stomach.

J

margalit said...

You're not the only person that asked this question. My feeling is, nobody cares just WHAT your situation is. They just want you to comment on theirs. After all, isn't that what this is all about? I'm a parent of IVF twins, but I don't usually advertise that on every comment I make in the blogsphere. Your situation isn't really relevant in my opinion. Just as your opinion is relevant!

mommypause said...

Not really answering the question - but I find I am more able to leave a comment on a blog where the story is about adoption or infertility, rather than someone in the midst of a pregnancy.

Kelly D said...

If you think your comments might help the person than you should leave something. As someone else said, you need not mentioned your pg or have kids after IF, unless there is a reason to do so.

Sharon said...

Hi There from NCLM...and Congrats on the pregnancy! Sorry about you feeling miserable tho...but that WILL pass...and it looks like it already is!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs
Sharon