Monday, May 5, 2008

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Or at least my bladder is failing to communicate.  This isn't a recently developed issue, but it's recently become a pain in my ass.  The only thing I can figure is that the years of too-many-to-count UTIs have done some damage to whatever sensors tell me when I have to go.  I only begin to feel that gotta-go sensation about the same time as I feel pain in my kidneys and nausea.  (if you don't know what I'm talking about then just don't go to the bathroom for an hour or so after you get the gotta-go feeling.)

Now that I'm carrying a little extra in the uterus area I'm adding cramps to the list of sensations that make me realized I need to go.  My vague concern is that in another trimester I'll have to wear depends.  I can giggle about this now...

Any suggestions anyone?

7 comments:

Farah said...

this is going to sound odd- Lean back or to the side when yuo pee- to make sure that your bladder gets empited

Jen said...

Yeah, same as Farah said. And maybe go on the hour, every hour, whether you have to or not.

christina(apronstrings) said...

i would call the doc. i know, annoying....but you shouldn't have to be in that kind of pain. hope it gets better.

topcat said...

Oooh, I hear you. I have no assvice, considering I pissed myself a LOT whilst preggers. Literally - pissed myself laughing.

Maybe buy some extra undies?

;)

geohde said...

A regular toileting programme, urge or not?

J

sara said...

I ditto what Farah says. Good luck...that sounds painful!

Doctor’s Appointments? « Waiting in line…is it MY turn? said...

[...] due to pain in my hips, abdomen, and belly.  I’ve mentioned before that I’ve got an issue with that gotta-go sensation so I don’t typically wake up at night until my bladder is wayyyy [...]