I'm anxious therefor I feel the strong desire to vomit.
I feel the strong desire to vomit therefor I'm anxious.
I'm really not sure which of these statement is accurate.
I know that I am a little anxious. The more I thought about my visit with the doc yesterday the more upset I became at her reaction to not seeing anything in the sac. Logically I know it was early and it would have been shocking to see anything at that point. And once the doc knew that I'd ovulated late she agreed that what she saw was perfectly normal. But her initial reaction has burrowed under my skin and has been gnawing at my sanity.
I also know that Wednesday afternoon (the day before the scan) I had begun feeling some queasiness that seemed to only be remedied by forcing myself to eat. I can't logically say it was anxiety related.
I'm also all too aware of the years that I bolted out of bed every morning praying to get to the toilet before I threw up. I remember the constant nagging anxiety that had me ready to heave at a single stressful thought/situation. I don't remember much happiness from that time and do not care to go back (which is why I was on medication until I began TTC). During that time anxiety = nausea/vomiting.
So now I wonder if the nausea is a result of the life growing inside of me and I'm having a Pavlovian response to the nausea. I'm wondering if I am indeed anxious because my mind thinks that's how I'm supposed to be when I'm nauseous. This is so much better than the alternative.
9 comments:
It is impossible not to be anxious at this point. That said, it really is normal to see an empty sac at this point. I had an u/s at the 5 week mark, and that is exactly what I saw.
I vote you see that doctor one more time and if you don't like her tons more, you go to another one.
Of course, it is totally normal to be seeing that at this point. It is also normal to be totally anxious.
It's so extremely hard not to over analyze this stage of pregnancy, and it's also terribly hard not to get ahead of yourself. I would tell you to focus on what you know and try not to worry....but I've been in your shoes, so that would make me a hypocrite since I worried like crazy.
Just a few more days, and maybe you'll be more at ease!!
My RE wouldn't do an ultrasound until my beta was over 4000 and I was at the 6wk mark - she said you couldn't really see anything before then. From what she told me, what you saw on the u/s sounds normal.
oh, i forgot to add that my RE said that to me at my first u/s for this prengnancy.
oh, what an awful place to be in. early pregnancy is such a mindfvck. you know my RE say something that "wasn't quite right" and she said for me "not to get my hopes up." that was her gut feeling.
cate just kicked me. i think that's her saying f you to the docs. ; )
hang in there. may you find peace very soon. well, all the peace that is availible when you've wanted something soooo freakin long.
xoxox
Completely normal to be seeing that at this point. I had a scan a few days after that, and they didn't see a heartbeat at that point. I freaked out, posted questions all over my yahoo and mindripple group I'm a part of and everyone reassured me that was normal, as my doctor did since it was so early. At 7.5 weeks we went back and saw something in the sac, with a heartbeat and all. Hang in there since it's still so early. I'm pulling for you!
Your anxiety is so normal, early pregnancy tends to feel pretty tenuous- hang in there,
J
Thanks for stopping by my blog. My RE told me (right before my 5w2d u/s) that it is possible to not even see the sac and still have a viable baby (although that is not the best sign). I think your anxiety is normal too. GL!
Post a Comment