Thank you all so much for the advice!!!!! I look like a human pincushion right now, but I feel better. Not 100%, but who cares about that. I actually ate part of a mexican pizza from Taco Bell last night!!!!!!!!!! :-) And kept it down!!!! :-D
I found out on Wednesday that my insurance wouldn't cover Matria home health, so the Reglan pump and home IV was out. I decided that it was time to switch from Tricare Standard to Tricare Prime (my husband says it's like going from an Open Access plan to an HMO). It's more of a pain in the ass, but with the HG and the twins I'm high risk enough to get referred out to MUSC.
Thursday I went to the base clinic and switched. One person or another walked me from office to office (actually Mr. W walked me, they walked with us. at this point I couldn't stand unassisted) until I actually got to see a doctor. They immediately took me to a treatment room, popped an IV in, gave me some saline and Phenergan, then a bag of lactated ringers. The most wonderful doctor (or PA or something) then got me a nutritional drink and made me sit there and prove that I could keep it down. And by God I did!!!! She then sent me home with a box of Phenergan suppositories and the instructions to continue with the Zofran and to try and keep nutritional drinks down (slim fast in my case because they're not as thick or as sweet as Boost or Ensure). I went home and kept down a few Slim-Fast and two whole pieces of toast with peanut butter. OMG I wanted to cry!
Yesterday I had another appointment with the same doctor. She immediately had them give me the same treatment as Thursday. Last night, after thinking (and lets face it...drooling) about a mexican pizza for hours, Mr. W went and got me one. I ate over 1/2 of it and kept it down. It was so wonderful to be able to really eat something! Who knows, I may even be able to go back to work soon. Well, if I can get over the drowsiness that the Phenergan causes.
But for the rest of the weekend I'm on bed rest due to some mild spotting that started yesterday. The doctor seems to think that either a) baby B truly is too close to the wall of the uterus and truly is ectopic (but I have no pain) or b) the babies are just digging in and a forming placenta hit a blood vessel or something. She called it "implantation bleeding". The doc said it happens in 50% of pregnancies, and I've got two going on, so... But I'm thinking happy thoughts! I see her Monday afternoon for my first true OB appointment. Until then, I'm on bed rest. That's funny...I've been on self induced bed rest since last Friday. Ha!
I'm trying to do some catching up on my reading and commenting so bear with me. <3
12 comments:
I am so glad you're feeling better! Take good care of yourself this weekend...can't wait to hear how it goes on Monday.
I am so glad to hear that you are finally keeping something down! I know m/s can get bad, but your case was just unreasonably so! I'm glad you found some drugs that help you! Quiero Taco Bell! =)
I am so glad you are feeling a bit better!
I will keep my fingers crossed that the spotting goes away. I had some too and it ended up being nothing.
I'm so happy you're feeling better! Yay for keeping down some food!!
Try not to let yourself worry about the spotting. I don't know if you read my infertility/private blog, but if you do then you know I had spotting, spotting, and more spotting throughout my first trimester and even a little after. This happened during both pregnancies. They were never able to explain it, and everything is fine!
Congratulations on your twins! Hopefully they have you figured out and you can start keeping foods down. Throwing up is horrible!
I am so glad you're feeling a little better and are finally able to keep some food down. I hope the spotting stops soon!
YAH for the happy news!
that's excellent news. I'm glad there's a solution thats helping you keep some food down.
So glad you've managed to keep something down at last!
J
Sounds like things are getting better. I can barely keep Taco Bell down when I am not nauseous so that is a good sign! :-)
Man on man. Feeling like that just blows monkey assholes. Before we are pregnant we say "I would give anything to have morning sickness" but once we actually have it, it's not so great anymore.
You have it worse than I ever did, but then again, when I had two babies, I did it over 18 months! Have you always been so task oriented? (wink)
I am having a little spotting myself, but I'm not too worried about a little spotting. And apparently, I had sex when I wasn't supposed to. 12 weeks of no sex. Ack. And then hubby cuts me off in 3rd tri, so I'm screwed!! lol. No pun intended.
Hey there.... Just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better & congrats on twins (found you thru wishing, hoping, praying).
BTW, I'm Tricare Prime so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The referral thing can be a pain in the butt if you don't know how to work it. It's all about learning the system.
Post a Comment