Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nothing could have prepared me

This illness...the nausea...the vomiting...the complete and total aversion to food, drink, and any loud or obnoxious sound.  There is no way I could have been prepared for this.  I would suffer this the entire pregnancy if that's what it would take.  Please tell me that's not what it takes.

Until I begin to feel better I'm afraid I'll be MIA.  I've seriously tried to read and comment, but it's just too much for me right now.  Please forgive my absence.  :-(

14 comments:

topcat said...

Sweetie you take care of yourself!! I really hope it eases up for you.

Your body is working hard to make two other bodies!! Amazing!!

Thinking of you

xoxo

rebecca said...

unfortunately i can relate. i was very sick and lost 30 pounds the first trimester. i ended up taking a medicine called zofran. it is a drug they prescribe to chemo patients to help them w/ nausea during chemo. then i still was constantly dehydrated so i had a picc line put in so i could have 24 hr a day iv fluids and vitamins. i absolutely helped. remember...if you think you are becoming dehydrated go to the er or call your dr.

geohde said...

Oh you poor sausage! Zofran would be worth investing in,

xx

J

Angela (PolkaDot) said...

You poor thing. It's hard carrying two babies! Take care of yourself and get all the rest you can handle. We'll still be here when you get back.

Io said...

Poor thing - I hope this passes quickly and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Elaine said...

Oh my! Congratulations! I just saw the news. How exciting! Happy 1st mom's day!!!!!!

Jen said...

Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Chas said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling so sickly! Though I wasn't vomiting, I often felt like I'd feel better if I was. I'm guessing you're working, so I really do feel for you. I thought many times that I'd have had to go on a STD if I'd been working.

Take care of yourself, and we'll be waiting when you're ready to post again!

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry you're suffering right now...it is not fun. I agree with Jo, it may be worth contacting your doctor for meds, especially if you aren't keeping fluids down.

Hang in there.

Simone said...

...from a gal who vomited everyday of her pregnancy, my sympathies!
Maxalon was my best friend. I hope your morning sickness is short lived. And CONGRATS!

christina(apronstrings) said...

ohnohonoohno. blech. that sucks. i am so sorry.

Erica said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon ... I also had bad morning sickness in the beginning with my twins. Lots of carbs ... I lived in PB&J. Hang in there!

sara said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, and I ditto the Zofran request. It has done wonders for me! Get well soon mama :-)

Katie said...

Zofran and phenergan were my lifelines. I suffered through one first trimester without them and it was awful. With them, it was bearable. Please consider asking your OB for some. I took them both daily and Baby Boy seems just fine. In the pregnancy where I tried to be brave and not take anything, the baby didn't make it.