Monday, December 3, 2007

Shoot Me! ;-)

I decided to bullet all my randomness today and thought the title would be acute play on words. :-)

  • Could there have been anymore kids at Chick-fil-A today? And when did moms' quit watching their kids? I could barely walk and had a kid that kept on hitting me. All I wanted was my cool wrap!! (and just so you know, this wasn't one of the locations that has a playground.) Why couldn't they all be at the McDonald's next door?
  • Does everyone in SC think it's OK to run red lights just because of the holidays? I saw more people running red lights today (during my morning drive and my lunch break) than I've seen in the past year total. What are they thinking? "I think I'd like to spend the holidays in the hospital or dead. That would rock!"
  • I'm looking forward to my free time next week. I plan on painting the siding that Mr. W had to replace a couple of weeks ago, painting the shelves he replaced, purchasing and installing blinds in the guest bedroom, fixing a small leak under the kitchen sink, and replacing the guts of the upstairs toilet. I've also got to clean out our closet and bedroom. I plan on feeling very accomplished by the end of the week!
  • I was prayed over yesterday. The pastor called me to the front of the church, placed his hands on my shoulders, and asked everyone to pray with him. He prayed that God would bless me with a healthy nine month pregnancy that resulted in a live, healthy baby. It was an odd experience. I wasn't sure that I wanted to participate, but I'm trying to have a little faith. I cried (what's new). I felt a great sense of love, and that was wonderful.Like I said, I'm trying to work on my faith.
  • It hit me yesterday that Mr. W and I have been TTC for 3 years. It wasn't official until earlier this year, but we haven't used any form of birth control for 3 years. That means we "relaxed and let it happen" for 2 years.And guess what...that didn't work. I'm giving faith and nature (and my monitor and preseed) 3 more months. If I'm not thoroughly knocked up by then...
  • RIP Evel Knievel

5 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like a perfect free-time week. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks tasks like that are exciting. I took a break from work today (I am working at home today) and thought "awesome, I can take out all the trash!"

Fertilize Me said...

Sometimes random bullets just make it much easier to blog ... I live where Evil Knievel passed away. It was a huge huge story in all our papers and new shows.

The church experience sounds .. really interesting and I am hoping for a happy good positive things in months to come

Courtney said...

Doesn't it feel good to purge those random thoughts every now and then? I hope that all of those prayers work wonders for you. :)

Geohde said...

Hitting the three year mark must be tough.

Hope that you're feeling ok,

xx

J

Elaine said...

I feel your agony on hitting the three year mark. This August, K and I hit the 4 year mark. It really sucks! Know that you're not alone, no matter how alone you feel.