Does anyone know a site where I can check a medicine's effect on sperm? Mr. W has been prescribed six meds for a cold (you read that right...6 for 1 cold) and I want to make sure that none of them should effect his boys.
Why do the military doctors insist on either not treating or over treating everything?!?!?!
He's on (this is per him, I haven't seen the scripts):
Bacterium (possibly Bactrim)
Proventil HFA
Claritin D
800mg Ibuprofen
Tylenol 3 Cough Syrup
Acetaminophen (prescription strength?)
Thank you!!
7 comments:
Damn! I have no idea where you can check, but that's a lot of freaking medicine for one cold!
Yeah, I have no idea. Did you try asking at the pharmacy? They usually know.
Proventil is an asthma med - might get the little swimmers excited - like caffeine would, but I doubt much else. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are pain killers. The thing that gets me is Tylenol IS acetaminophen, so it's like they prescribed him double the same pain killer? You can take ibuprofen and acetaminophen concurrently because they are different meds, but double the same painkiller sounds like overdosing to me. The "3" means codeine is added and it is a fairly good cough suppressant. I can't take it because it makes me extremely ill and vomit a lot. But for those who can tolerate it, it works fairly well. You can also get Robitussin with Codeine - which I think would be more effective as it is guafenisen (thins mucous and secretions) and then the codeine which helps the cough. I am guessing the Bactrim is an antibiotic. Clariten D is an allergy medication with decongestant (the "d" part).
A PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) might help as far as potential side effects, but probably not so much with sperm effects. There should be something you could find online.
If you are interested - vitamin helps for sperm health and production are:
Vit C, Vit E and Zinc - all of which would also help his immune system fight off his sickness.
I know nothing to help you but I like that your category is dumbass husbands:-)
Haha, I agree with chicklet--I like the category!
I ask all the time when Mook gets a prescription for anything! I usually ask the pharmacy...hope they can help you!
Admittedly this is going to make me sound like the most unsympathetic doctor in the world, but...
Jesus H Christ on a stick man! It's a cold. You'll probably live. Even unmedicated. Have some acetominophen (or whatever it is those from the US call paracetamol) for the temperature and don't bother with the rest.
They'll not do much anyway. Time cures colds, not medicines and NOT bloody antibiotics. Colds are caused by viruses. Antibiotics are spectacularly unsuccessful at killing viruses, they kill bacteria.
Geez.
(sorry) :)
J
Defintely the pharmacy would be my first check. I hope your husband feels better soon! Today I'm going to get some cute shoes for my new dress when I go shopping with my friend. I'll let you know how it goes! Hope all is well for you.
sara
Post a Comment