Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bullets, Updates, and Explanations


  • I just realized I hadn't updated on my weight loss.  To date, I've lost 6.4 pounds.  I haven't been sticking to my limits quite like I had planned, but I'm still slowly losing.  And in this race, slow and steady wins.  Plus, 6.4 pounds over 6 weeks isn't bad at all.  When I hit 8 pounds I'll update with pics!  :-)

  • I have an HSG scheduled next Wednesday.  I am actually looking forward to this (mentally).  I feel renewed in the fact that I'm doing something!  I'm also getting my FSH level tested tomorrow.  The doc was hesitant to order the test until I explained that my mother began menopause in her mid 30's.  For the record I'll be 31 in July.

  • I agree with everyone about seeing an RE vs seeing an OB/Gyn.  I am limited by my insurance, though.  The only RE that I've been able to find in my area does not take Tricare.  Tricare covers infertility testing and medication and right now that's what I need.  I don't feel that I'm getting the same kind of care and treatment that I would with an RE, but I'm satisfied for the time being.  My OB/Gyn is attentive and willing to do what it takes to get me what I need, and I love that.

  • Only 3 more weeks until I begin the process of getting my braces!!!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

More than six pounds in six weeks sounds awesome to me! That is the kind of weight loss that stays off. The people who lose ten pounds in a week always gain it right back.

Make sure you get popsicles for when you get your braces on. My husband loves the sugar free popsicles (I think they only have 15 calories?) and the coldness will make your teeth feel better.

Elaine said...

Congrats on losing 8 lbs. Hoping you replace this success soon with some baby weight!!! FYI, I highly recommend you take some pain meds prior to your HSG. My 2nd wasn't near as uncomfortable as the first with the meds. Good Luck, and praying for open tubes!!!!!!!

Farah said...

Excellent news about the weightloss and your happines with your dr!

JJ said...

You are doing a FANTASTIC job! Keep up the great work=)
Best of luck with the HSG!

maria said...

Wow, 6lbs in 6 weeks is very good. I agree with you and the others, taking the weight off slowly, helps it stay off for good!!

Good luck with the HSG and other b/w. It's so great getting the test's done because it helps give you more answers.

Jennifer said...

Yay on the weight loss! Good luck with the braces. I wore them for 5 years in my mid-twenties and had 2 jaw surgeries. It wasn't always fun, but I'm so happy that I did it!

moosk said...

congratulations on the weight loss! and yay, for getting the ball rolling on this fertility stuff. i'm just about to get started myself, but i think i'm just going to ask my primary care doc for a referral to an r.e. i just don't think i can deal with my o.b. for this stuff. we'll see!

babystep said...

Oh -- okay, now I see you already got an HSG ordered, and your FSH. Those are a good start!

Nancy said...

yay for the weightloss! yay for the braces! (i want braces so badly. again.)

i understand the issues you may have with getting an RE that takes your insurance. (is tricare a military insurance?) All I can advise is that if your OB isn't on top of things, go to another one. IF testing needs to be done on certain days. If your appointment times are limited or they blow you off, see another doc, okay?

Trace said...

Congrats on the 6 lbs!! Great job!