I'm back from visiting my Grandma and have to say it went very well. As soon as my Aunt told her I was coming, she began to get better. When I walked in the room she began grinning from ear to ear! She talked with us and joked a lot, which was wonderful!! She looked better than the last time I saw her. If this is the last time that I get to see her in this world, then I will be OK. (I know that sounds morbid, but she's old and in horrible health.) I told Grandma that Mr. W and I are trying for a baby. She was sooo happy. I let her know that we were going to have to see how the doctor's could help us, though, because we'd been trying for a while and it just wasn't quite working. I think she understands; she and my mother both had some form of infertility. My hopes are that my desire to show her my child will increase her desire to live. I know, I'm selfish. But I want to see my only surviving grandparent's face as they hold my first born child.
On the cycle front, it's CD36 and AF has refused to come in full. She peeped her head in enough to make Mr. W's welcome home a little messy (TMI, I know). Since then it's only Spot and Cramp keeping me company. Of course that sent blind Hope my way, but I sent her packing with a negative HPT (brings the count up to at least 15).
All in all, I'm doing well with the disappointment. Like I said, I've got plans for braces and that's giving me something to look forward to! And of course, finally getting some real testing and taking some action gives me a new sense of hope. Someone remind me of my "new sense of hope" next month.
3 comments:
glad you are back safely. I think it's wonderful that your grandmother perked up knowing you were coming!
Miss you
You're not the least selfish.
Sorry about spot and cramp,
J
Can't you get braces anyway? In the UK pregnant women get free dental treatment so lots of them get stuff sorted out while they're pregnant.
Post a Comment