Sunday, March 2, 2008

BV? Old Blood? WTH?? TMI ***updated***

So why can't anything be easy?

I had my HSG on Wednesday. 4 days later and I still have a brown chunky-ish discharge. It's not the consistency of a yeast infection, but more like there are tea leaves in the discharge. Besides the "chunks" the rest of the mess is fairly thin. But it's all brown. No odor to speak of, though.

Anyone had a similar experience or any advice? And before you tell me, I already plan on calling my Dr in the morning, but thought maybe someone might have some advice today.  For the record, I'm afraid it's BV and/or a yeast infection and that the meds for that would mean I'd have to not TTC this month.  Thank you!!!

***update***

It's almost all cleared up, now!  Woo Hoo!  I spoke with my doctor's nurse and she said that it's perfectly normal for me to have that discharge, but if it didn't go away to call them back.  All clear in time for a little possibly procreational recreation.  :-)

5 comments:

meghan said...

I had that for I think 3-4 days, it's the iodine they used to clean your cervix. I had to wear a pad for it the first 2 days, and then a pantiliner for the next few. Definitely still call you doctor tomorrow, they'll be able to easy your mind better than me.

Jen said...

I'm glad Meghan knew because I didn't! I hope it clears up soon.

Katie said...

Yep, I had it, too. I echo Meghan. I think it's the iodine or maybe even a bit of the dye leaking back out. I had to use a pad for at least four days.

chicklet said...

I had similar symptoms after my HSG. I didn't know what it was but figured them mucking around in my cha-cha was the cause.

Jennifer said...

Don't worry that's totally normal. I remember my doc telling me to expect discharge with the color and texture of coffee grounds. It went on for a few days.