Monday, February 18, 2008

In motion ***updated with questions***

I did it.  I called my OB/Gyn's office.  I left a message for my doctor's nurse requesting fertility testing and/or treatment.  Now I wait for them to call me back.

Exhale.

***questions***

What sort of tests would you guys have done?  I'm not extremely trusting in my OB/Gyn as far as her recommending all the testing I should have done.  I would really rather go to an RE, but that requires a lot of hoops and a lot more missed time from work for base appointments (by base appointments I mean sitting on the military base to get referalls); there's also the huge chance that they'll make me start completely fresh.

So what testing should I request?

And if any of you are active duty military, I'd love any suggestions on getting testing and treatment with Tricare!

Thank you all so much!!!  (and thank you for bringing this all up in my mind, Nancy!)

8 comments:

Io said...

Good job and good luck!!!

Katie said...

Good for you. I know what a big step that is.

Now, on to the testing. . .

Nancy said...

I know it's a big step, but I ~highly~ suggest to get a referral to an RE. Really, OBs should not be in the IF testing/treatment business.

Lady in Waiting said...

I agree with Nancy. Only REs are skilled in how to get you pregnant. OBs are skilled in helping with a pregnancy. Spending your time with an OB might become really frustrating.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

XOXO

Chas said...

Good luck with getting an OB to get you the proper testing! I wish I had a suggestion...with male factor infertility it's pretty cut and dry, so there wasn't a lot for us to test.

Courtney said...

Congratulations on making that step! We didn't really do a whole lot of initial testing before starting Clomid. Prior to starting on IUI's, I had a HSG and the hubby had a SA.

Best of luck to you!!!

geohde said...

It really depends on what testing, if any you've already had done,

J

babystep said...

You need to get your blood work done on day 3 to see what your hormone levels look like. My OB also had me get a water u/s. Then my OB referred me to the RE and I had an HSG. Now we are on to IVF and they do lots of blood work, etc. But definitely start with the day 3 battery of tests!