Sunday, July 27, 2008

Signs of life and Hell's fires

Hell's fires (aka Bitching first):
OMG!!!!  The pain!  The agony!  The heartburn!!!!!  I guess this is the newest thing to live through.  It started waking me up night before last.  No problem, swallow some Tums, sit upright for a little while, and go back to sleep.  Last night it woke me up again...worse than the night before.  Again, choke down some Tums, sit up for a little while, add rock in pain and misery and try to not cry to the routine, and go back to sleep.  Mr. W picked up some Pepcid for me this morning, and I hoped it would help.  Not so much.  It's been an on and off misery all day.  I've tried the Pepcid, Tums, and warm milk with honey.  None of them have really lasted too long.  I'm still eating very bland foods (especially since the nausea came back from it's mini vacation) and not eating a lot at one sitting.  I'm open to any suggestions/advice/assvice!

Signs of life:
I FELT MOVEMENT!!!!  My cat was curled up on my legs with his haunches pressed against my lower abdomen and I felt the oddest tapping sensation against where he was.  At first I thought it was my heartbeat.  Then I thought it was something that the cat was doing.  Then it hit me that I'm pretty sure it was whatever little guy is hanging out in that area trying to get the cat away!  OMG!  I've felt it off and on all day.  It's still really hard to tell the difference between babies and stomach or intestines, but it's pretty cool. 

When I mentioned it to Mr. W he informed me that he had felt the same thing the night before while standing behind me with his hands on my lower abdomen.  He said he didn't tell me what he felt because he knew I hadn't felt anything, yet.  How does he feel them before me?  I must admit I'm a little jealous.  Of course when I thought I might have felt a movement a week or two ago Mr. W put his ear to the spot and swore he heard what sounded like something moving around in water.  Who knows, though. 

3 days and 12 hours and we'll hopefully know what we're expecting!!!!

7 comments:

Sugar & Ice said...

I've luckily evaded heartburn during my first pregnancy and this one, but the acid reflux has hit hard this time. Nothing really helps it, but Tums are good for me for a short term fix.

Congrats on feeling movement! It's the most amazing feeling.

Angela said...

My brain is the addled.

For some reason, even though I've been here the whole time and have seen the swollen belly, I thought - isn't it way early to feel movement?!? And then I had the nerve to be surprised you're aleady 18wks!

I really must have a talk with my brain.

Brandygirl said...

AWWW..... That must have been amazing!!!!!!

Nicole Baker said...

This is what helped me. I was trying everything. When you do eat, chew your food up very well. The smaller the pieces when they go down, the easier they go down. The other thing was, don't drink with your meals. Water or anything. I know it sounds strange, and it was very hard to remember, but it did work for me. Good luck!!

Jen said...

Hooray for movement!

One night, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to find the dog stretching his feet into my stomach and the baby kicking him back.

meghan said...

Yeah for movement!!!

Katie said...

Try Maalox. I like the cherry flavor best. It tastes GREAT when you are up in the middle of the night.

If that doesn't work, you can ask your OB about Prilosec OTC - I am having to take two a day, but at least I am no longer aspirating my own acid and waking up feeling like I'm choking.