Wednesday, July 23, 2008

She's six months pregnant...

That comment wasn't made about me, it was about some other woman.  Mr. W's co-worker asked him to come help repair his neighbor's a/c.  I asked Mr. W why he was helping his co-worker's neighbor (ie a perfect stranger of no connection to him*) with the a/c and his response was, "Because her husband's deployed and she's 6 months pregnant."  I'd definitely hope that someone would help me if I were in her shoes, which is always a possibility.

So Mr. W comes home last night telling me all about his adventure in a/c.  There was nothing he could do to help the woman, but between him and his buddy they figured out what was wrong and found a professional to cut her a seriously good deal to recharge the unit.  Then he goes on to tell me that he and the woman chatted a good deal.  It turns out she and her husband did IVF and she's now pregnant with twins.  She's not six months pregnant, though...she's a few weeks behind me.  And she's "not as big as you are, honey."  Apparantly his buddy had just been guessing at how far along she was due to her size.

Now I'm wondering...how far along do random people think I am.  It tripped me out the other day when a patient asked my boss if I would be delivering soon.  Needless to say everyone was laughing about that one.  Of course I know I'm only going to get bigger and completely expect people to make such remarks as, "You're HUGE!"  Bring it on!  ;-)

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="17 Weeks 1 Day"]17 Weeks 1 Day[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="17 Weeks 1 Day (bare)"]
17 Weeks 1 Day (bare)
 

[/caption]

Sorry for the blurriness of the pics.  That's what happens when you don't use the flash, it would seem.

* Mr. W is such a nice guy that he rarely says no to helping anyone.  This has begun to be an issue since he helped a random woman in our neighborhood (we'd all been introduced once a few years ago).  This woman has since proceded to give out Mr. W's cell number to other people in the neighborhood.  Now he gets all sorts of people calling him for help repairing one thing or another.  I'm all for him helping people, but it's getting a bit ridiculous!

8 comments:

Farah said...

aren't you cute!

Jen said...

You look great!

My dad gets calls from all his neighbors all the time. A month or so ago, a neighbor called and said her husband was gone, could he come over and kill a bug for her? That, in my opinion, is ridiculous.

geohde said...

:)

Just wait until the third trimester when people stop asking and start cringing instead!

J

Sugar & Ice said...

I think you look just fine for 17 weeks. It was only after about week 20 that I really started looking a lot different than I did with my singleton pregnancy. I am getting absolutely huge these days.

babystep said...

I love your top - very cute! Cute belly pix. Have you seen 'Jon and Kate + Eight' -- have you seen her belly in the opening credits??? OMG!!!

Brandygirl said...

Thanks for visiting me!

Ur belly looks so cute!!!

Angela said...

Such a cute belly!

sara said...

You have a great looking belly - very cute! And yes it's crazy that people just call your husband. But he sounds like a nice guy - and it's cool he's willing to help. Hope you're hanging in there and feeling okay.