Monday, July 7, 2008

15 week OB appt (first real OB appt) ***updated*** with pics

I'll get what little bad news I have out of the way.

  • I have Prothrombin 20210 (Factor II) Mutation Heterozygous (only one gene is mutated).  They're not very concerned about it but are allowing me to take a baby aspirin a day to ease my nerves.  They didn't see my father almost die from multiple blood clots thrown to both lungs, though.

  • I am now supposed to now take 15 pills a day:  1 Premesis (prenatal supplement), 1 Flinstones Complete, 1 Baby Aspirin (my choice), 2 Zofran, 2 Colace, 2 Iron, 6 Magnesium/Zinc/Calcium pills.

  • There is nothing more they can do for my constipation.  I can't take any more Colace and already drink a ton of water.  Ugh. 


Now on to the good news!

I did get an ultraound today (pics at the bottom)!  Woo-hoo!  Although they couldn't see the goods, we got to watch them for a few minutes.  Baby B would turn his/her back almost every time the doctor focused on him/her.  It was so funny.  Baby A was a little more cooperative, but did push back at the probe once or twice; I thought it was the cutest thing.   Their placentas are on opposite sides and not too close to the cervix.  Yay! 

I'm scheduled for the anatomy scan on July 31.  I've decided that since I'm getting the scan on my birthday that I have to be having a boy and a girl.  I mean, it's my birthday so of course I get what I want, right?  ;-)  Honestly, Mr. W and I will both be happy just knowing that they're healthy.

Speaking of healthy, we declined the quad screen.  After a quick discussion, we both agreed that the results wouldn't make any difference.

I love love love the new office!  They were attentive.  They answered all my numerous questions.  They were patient.  They laughed at my stupid jokes.  I'd have to say that it was completely worth the hassle to finally get there!  It's also great because I know I'm getting the best care for my babies that I possibly can.  I also know that all of my regular appointments will be on Thursdays because that's when they have the multiples clinic. 

OK...so this post was more all over the place than I meant to be.  But my phone has been ringing and Scrubs was on...I've got zero attention span.  I'll update with pics as soon as I get them scanned in.

Oh yeah!  Weight!  I was 162 pre-pregnancy.  At 7 1/2 weeks I was 153 (that was after a week of vomiting).  Today I weighed 157.  I'm happy that I've got some weight gain, even if it's not quite optimal.  Everything that I'm gaining is baby, though.  Everywhere other than my chest and belly are still shrinking, but I'm OK with that.  As long as the babies are getting what they need.

Now really, I'm outta here!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

10 comments:

Io said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is looking ok! Damn though - that's a lot of pills yo.
My assvice for the constipation - get some ground flax seed and mix it in everything you eat. If it gives you *half* the..er...*movement* that it gives me you will be cured in no time.

Farah said...

That over all was a great appointment. I am so glad that you like hte new office! that ROCKS

Good luck with pills and constipation

Jen said...

We did the quad screen just for the extra ultrasound. Free ultrasound! I want to go in and ask them if they can screen for anything else that requires an ultrasound.

I'm glad your appointment was good! It sounds like everything is going well!

babystep said...

I am glad they could put you on something to control the blood clots. Sounds like things are going great!!!

geohde said...

Glad to read the babies are doing so well in there, and that you're managing to conquer the vomiting enough to regain a little weight,

J

christina (apronstrings) said...

anyway-i am glad that all looks so well. that's awesome that their placenta's are in the perfect place. phew!

christina (apronstrings) said...

that's a great appt! MTHFR-hetero doesn't mean that your have blood clots. 70% of the population has it. so, most likely you do not! i hope so. (i hvae compound hetero MTHFR).

we had the quad screen and i am glad i did. we wouldn't 'have done anything' either, except be able to better prepare for our child if we needed to-like have a heart specialist on board in hte delivery room, or know that our child was going to need special care upon birth. i just didn't want to look back and wish that i had been more prepared to better care for our child.

topcat said...

Well, This is wonderful news. (Except you have been feeling sick. That just sux).

I think you're right .... I reckon a boy and a girl too!!

And ......... Scrubs, ahhhhhhh. One of my FAVOURITE all time shows.

xoxoxxooxox

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that things are going well! Good luck with the big u/s at the end of the month. Personally I think that boy/girl is the perfect combo.

sara said...

I'm so glad that you are getting great care at the new office and that you really like them...that is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures - they are great! I hope that you start to feel better soon (((hugs)))