Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All she does is bitch & moan

Yup. That pretty much sums it up. I've decided...wait, I'm pretty sure I decided this a long time ago...I don't enjoy pregnancy*. Sure, there are parts of it that I love, but those parts are few and far between. I thought maybe it was just the boys pregnancy that was so not fun for me, but this pregnancy is following the same path as that one so far.
  • Twin pregnancy - Around 5w3d I started feeling "queasy", but nothing that couldn't be cured with some food.
  • This go-round - 4w5d I started feeling that old familiar feeling only food doesn't seem to help.
  • Twin pregnancy - Around 6 1/2w the vomiting started. It was only slowed down by copious amounts of Zofran and Phenergan. I ended up getting 3 different IVs and many bags of fluids and other stuff and was only kept out of the hospital by a very determined doctor (no, she wasn't really a doctor, but who really is a doctor at the base medical clinic?) that understood we were switching insurance.
  • This go-round - Today is 6w1d and I am doing my best to function. I haven't thrown up, yet, but...It's been rough. I'm currently waiting to hear from my doctor's office to hopefully get a fresh prescription for Zofran. At the rate things are progressing, tomorrow could bring copious amounts of vomit. I know I sound all Debbie-Downer, but this all-day-unrelenting nausea is only getting stronger.

One of the worst things about this crap (beside the obvious difficulties of taking care of rambunctious twin toddlers) is the anxiety that comes along with it. I was so glad that I documented my anxiety during the beginning of my pregnancy with the boys so I know this is routine for me.

On a good note, I'm pretty sure things are progressing as they should. I know I could be this sick and things could still go south, but really? I'm thinking good things.

And, No, I don't think it's twins. I think it's just my lot in life to have some nasty morning sickness (please no HG again!!!) with healthy pregnancies.



*I am very grateful for what I have, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything about it.

8 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Ugh. I can't imagine having twins and such morning sickness. Hope you start feeling better ASAP!

Melis.sa said...

Hope the RX comes in soon!!

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I had a really rough time with E and it is so hard because you want to feel better but nothing helps. I hope the meds kick in. xoxo

Denise said...

I can totally empathize. I am not a fan of how I feel at any point during a pregnancy, but the morning sickness was by far the worst part. Of course I don't take any of it for granted, but it still sucks while you're going through it! And it is 100 times harder when you're chasing 2 toddlers around.

Cajun Cutie said...

Sorry you are so sick. I hope you feel better.

Photogrl said...

Ugh, all day morning sickness is NO fun!

I hope you get some relief soon.

Maura said...

I feel for you.
I threw up every day of my twin pregnancy... I can't imagine that feeling while taking CARE of twins...

I hope that you have less nausea with this go.
Please let me know if the quantity of babies has an impact on the degree on nausea throughout the pregnancy. I would LOVE to find out!

Hugs and take care!

A New Beginning said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!