Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Joy in unlikely places

I couldn't think of a title for this post, but I really didn't want to leave my last one on top.

Sunday night, while standing at the Labor and Delivery check-in desk, I got to hear one of the most beautiful sounds.  Most would think it would have been a horrible thing to hear at that moment, knowing I was more than likely about to find out my baby was dead, but it wasn't.  It brought tears of joy to my eyes.

In the room right across from the desk, a baby had just been born.  A little life had just made it safely outside.  I could hear those angry and confused little screams...and it made my heart happy.  I imagined that the mother had longed for this pregnancy with her entire heart and soul.  I imagined those little screams to be the most beautiful thing she had ever heard.  I even imagined that maybe she had been where I was right then, but was now in that room about to hold her very own little miracle of life.

It makes me happy even now to think about it.

******************

Danifred wrote a beautiful post today that was exactly what I needed to read.  You should read it too!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, my word, I am now sobbing.

Your grace, your compassion, your beautiful soul. . . it just humbles me to even know you.

I wish there was more that I could do for you, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers always.

Suzy said...

What a beautilf post. You're amazing! Thinking about you!

Danifred said...

You just put a smile on my face. What a beautiful perspective on a world that can be so unfair!

Nonnie said...

What an amazing person you are. So many women are bitter and jealous after this happens to them, but you...you're able to look past your own grief and feel happy for that new mom. Good for you!

Shinejil said...

I am so glad you had this light strike in what is a very painful time.

Hugs and wishes for more joyful moments.

My Reality said...

Your view on this is amazing and inspiring.

Yaya said...

(((Hugs)))
Life is precious.

Courtney said...

I am incredibly late to share any comforting words (as if there are any sufficient). I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. This post today is an absolute testament to your selflessness and resiliency.

You are in my thoughts and I will be hoping for good fortune for you very, very soon.