Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bite me...wait...STOP biting me!

I come begging for advice/assvice.  What have you done to stop biting amongst the minors in your household?  Anyone?

Jack has realized that all those little teeth in his mouth are a weapon, and he's prepared to use them.  Take his toy?  Not without consequence!  Get in the same hidey-hole as him?  Not without retribution!  Prepare to face the jaws-of-doom!  And of course all of this is directed at his nemesis brother.





The Victim






The Perpetrator


8 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My biter was older, in my daycare class. We just kept up with the "WE DO NOT BITE" and putting her in the corner. Every single time and immediately. Eventually...it worked. Also, eventually the little girl that she kept biting also started biting.

K@ourboxofrain said...

Ouch! Poor Trip :(

I have no good advice. Harry's daycare did what Jen recommended with the biter there (he was 15 or 18 months when he went through his biting phase; now he's 2 and growls or shouts "mine!" a lot instead) -- consistent reprimanding, both verbally and with time out.

Jennifer said...

If you figure out the answer, please, please, please let me know! Jillian bites any time she gets mad. Pinches too. Only since she lacks a twin, the victims in our household seem to be me and the dog.

Megan said...

We went through a bout with the biting several months ago, and I thought we had it licked, but it has reared its ugly head again, and it's angrier and more insistent this time. Let me know if you find something that works.

Katie said...

Will was younger (less than a year) when we went through Round 1 of Biting. We did the firm "WE DO NOT BITE" approach, but our ped said he was too young for time out at that point. Also, we ignored him but paid attention to the victim, reinforcing that he will ot get what he wants from biting.

He is now on Round 2 and he only "bites" me this time, and usually when I am distracted (on the phone, for example) or when he is upset that I have taken something away from him. And he actually only comes at me, mouth open, and if I am quick enough, I can get away unscathed. He actually KNOWS it is wrong now and using biting more as a "warning" that he is unhappy with me, opening his mouth slowly and leaning towards my nearest appendage slowly. It is still unacceptable, obviously, but easier to deal with. We are now doing Time Outs, which he will promptly get for even TRYING to bite. We have been working on this for about three weeks and it is already diminishing.

It's not easy, though, and I wish you like solving it.

JJ said...

Oww! Im not looking forward to the biting stage...

Miss K (Kate) said...

Luke has been the victim on occasion and has started biting his dad sometimes. He gets an immediate time out when he does.

Danifred said...

Ugh! I have no advice, or assvice, for that matter. Hope it starts to ease up and your little victim gets a break.