Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finally!!!

I have a protocol!!

I won't give all the details of the horror that was yesterday and today and dealing with my doctor's office and the pharmacy, but the general idea is as follows:  


  • The radiologist didn't get the u/s report to my doctor's office.  The nurse had to call and hope they bothered to rush it to her.   



  • All of the doctors in my ob/gyns office are on vacation this week so there was no guarantee that Nurse Rocks could get someone to write a prescription for me. 



  • The pharmacy repeatedly told me that no one had called the Clomid in for me, but they hadn't checked the voice mail.  (I kid you not, for a couple of hours they kept telling me to check back because they hadn't finished checking the voice mail.)



  • The pharmacy did not have a prescription for me.



  • Nurse Rocks, again, called the prescription in for me and explained that the pharmacy was busy so she was unable to talk to the pharmacist and had to leave another message.



After a week of stress and two days of staying on the verge of tears, I finally have a prescription for Clomid and a game plan!  I've already had my CD3 u/s, so step one is taken care of.  I will start my 50mg Clomid prescription tonight.  For step three I have to call the office on CD19 to have them send a referral for a CD21 blood draw to test my progesterone.  And then I wait a week or so and see what I get.  I wish I could express my relief at finally knowing what's going on (and knowing that my doctor's office is on the same page). 

I am also very relieved that they want to test my progesterone on CD21.  I was worried that I'd have to beg and plead for another test.  Just getting this far (this past month) has taken so many calls to their office that I've truly lost count. 

I'm also relieved that I don't have to call their office for two whole weeks!!!!!  Hoo-freakin-ray!!!!!!!  :-)  I can just about guarantee that Nurse Rocks is just as excited as I am to not have to deal with me for a while.  Ha!

Oh yeah, and the doctor on call that gave me the prescription told Nurse Rocks to make sure I have sex on CD12 - 17 and use "ovulation predictor pee sticks".  I laughed and told her that I had a fertility monitor and OPK sticks.  I've got that covered!

So now I relax (because I finally can exhale for a while), pop a few pills, and wait.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray! I am glad you got everything taken care of.

Chas said...

Wow, what a mess! I'm glad you got it all figured out!

What's up with all the OBs being out of town at the same time?? Who delivers the babies?

geohde said...

It sounds like useful progress has been made :)

Good luck,

J

Farah said...

Yoou know relaxing makes babies!

Maria said...

YAY for finally getting your Clomid. Sorry it was such an ordeal.

Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. W!! Two amazing husbands turned 28 on the same day!!

moosk said...

yay!! i'm so glad you're on your way! i hope this is a lucky month for you guys!

babystep said...

Good luck!