But at least I can give a little update. I had to cancel my u/s on Friday because CD1 didn't show in time. I did get my braces on, though. Can you say "ouch". Getting the braces on didn't hurt, but since then...waaaaaaaa!!!! They had to put "build ups" on my lower back molars so I literally can't chew. My teeth don't touch. I wouldn't want to chew anyway. My teeth are actually loose. You can wiggle them, if you really wanted to. I've been told the pain/discomfort should lessen in a few more days. (and in this pic, that is as close as my teeth come to touching.)

AF decided to show up Saturday morning. 5 am. While I had a hangover. With brand new braces. I'm sure that I looked hilarious walking around the house hunched over with makeup smeared around my eyes, my bathrobe paired with my shirt from the night before, one hand cupping my aching mouth and the other cupping my excruciatingly painful abdomen desperately trying to gather my thoughts long enough to find the ibuprofen. I have only had cramps this badly one time in my life. But at least the bitch finally showed up!But today is a new day. I was "cleared". The u/s tech that wanded me today also works for the local fertility clinic so she knew a little more than your typical hospital u/s technician. Woo hoo! She explained that I was there for a "clearing". She was also kind enough to turn the screen my way and point out my ovaries and the lack of cysts on them. She said I had a "follicular cyst" which was expected at CD3 from last cycle. She said there were plenty of possibilities for eggs, too. There was a more technical term she used (not antral follicles) but I can't remember it. She sent me on my way with a very heartfelt sounding "good luck"!I called my doctor's office (she's on vacation but the nurse told me Friday that one of the other doctors would write the prescription for me) and left a message letting them know what the technician said, but understood that they would have to have a doctor read the report. And that I would appreciate it if they could either write the script by noon and I could come pick it up or if they could call it in for me because tomorrow is CD4 and I need to start it CD5. Now I try to be patient. But I did begin the message by giving my name, telephone number, and my status as most annoying patient. :-)Hopefully I'll be able to put a few of the words in my head together and begin leaving some comments. I really do care! I promise!
7 comments:
Yah for the all clear. Hey it's ok to be a creep .. Urhm... I mean not comment on blogs til you get your footing. No worries!
You can not be the most annoying patient. I am fairly confident that that is already stamped in every dr file i have
Braces, cramps and a menstrual scan?
You poor thing!
J
Ouch, braces hurt! Drug yourself aplenty. It will never hurt this much again, so don't worry. (My mom almost had hers taken off again after the first day.) Popsicles and painkillers!
Congrats on the good scan..and don't worry as farah said..I'm sure I would be the most annoying patient! Here's to a good cycle ahead and some pain free days...braces ouch!
The first week after getting braces on is the worst. It's been like 7 years, but I can still remember how sore my teeth were. And that was without cramps and a wanding! In the end I was very glad that I got them, and I'm sure you will be too.
Ouch- I'm sorry you had braces and a hangover AND AF Cramps on the same day!!! That should be filed under "Cruel & unusual" :(
I know you don't know me and I don't know you, but I was reading your blog and just really wanted to tell you that I was in the same place as you were about the clomid "concerns" and I also constantly FREAKED OUT about starting it on the right day!! You're not alone! :)
I'm about to deliver my first baby (tomorrow!) and he was conceived after I started 150 mg of Clomid (my third cycle) a day late (on CD6). I was devastated I started it late and was SURE I wasted money on that month's IF visits and that it wasn't going to work and Everything was ruined, but that was when it happened for us! :) So never lose hope, even if the "Days" seem off to you! Sometimes it works out in the long run that way! !:)
GOOD LUCK with Clomid!! and Lots of Baby Dust to you!!! :) :) :)
~ Jenna
I *totally* feel you on the reading and not commenting thing. There are so many times I read and feel like I have NOTHING to add.
It will get better and you'll get used to them (gah, that metal cut into my mouth initially) but each time they are tightened it is torture all over again.
Uh, that probably doesn't make you feel any better... sorry.
Post a Comment