Friday, March 7, 2008

Bad dog!



Mr. W:  The dogs are locked outside.
Me:  What did they do?
Mr. W:  They pulled everything off of the table and ripped it up.  Including the bills.
Me:  The dining room table?  (because that's where I set the bills.  the other place for the bills is the foyer table in an organizer I bought specifically for that use)
Mr. W:  No.  The end table.  (where he's been piling his junk for a couple of weeks)  They also tore all the clothes out of the bags.
Me:  What bags?
Mr. W:  The bag by the DVD player.  I don't know what their problem is!
Me:  I don't know.Honestly, I know exactly what the problems are.  It's not the dogs.  Yes, they know better.  But come on!!!  How long do you expect them to have the temptation and not give in?  And his crap isn't supposed to go on the end table.  It goes in the bill organizer.  And that bag with the clothes?  Yeah.  It's been sitting in the floor since he got back from his last trip (Feb 15).  I've asked him numerous times to clean his shit up.  But he always has something else more important.  I refuse to clean up after him anymore.  Don't get me wrong, he can clean very well!  He goes through phases where he'll just get in the mood and clean the entire house.  But that's usually after he's left so much crap out that it's disgusting.  WTF?!?!  I'm over it!

Then he says he doesn't know if he'll be able to get the living room (and dining room table...his crap, too) cleaned up before I get off of work.  He then asks when my parents will be over (could have sworn he was sitting with me last night when it was planned) and is pretty upset when I inform him that they'll be coming over as soon as I get off of work.  I AM NOT A FREAKING HOUSEKEEPER!  I WORK MORE HOURS THAN HE DOES!  I CLEAN UP AFTER MYSELF AND TAKE CARE OF THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOMS!  All I'm asking is for him to pick up after himself and to occasionally help me do a good cleaning.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

Oh yeah.  So I realized that I made my house sound like a disaster zone, it's not.  It gets cluttered and dusty at it's worst, but that's about it.  I just prefer a place for everything and everything in its place!  :-)

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm all for clean, clutter free houses. (This move thing is killing me.) I gave up on getting Matt to clean up after himself though. It wasn't worth my time and aggravation.

Farah said...

MEN......... can we hang them by their toe nails at least once a month?

sara said...

That's funny. If my husband leaves dryer sheets on top of a clean pile of lanundry to fold too long our dog shreds it to pieces and he always says why does she do that . I then say because she can only hold out on the temptation for so long. How would he like to have a steak or something dangled in front of his face for an hour. I think he'd tear it to shreds and eat it too! Ahh men love them and hate them.

geohde said...

Yeah, my spouse is blind to his own shed detrius too....so I just throw it out.

The sad thing is that he never even misses most of it.

J

babystep said...

I think we are married to the same person. Except my husband is addicted to his wet swiffer... but he can leave his crap in the same place for a month and just step over it. Yeah, dumb ass husbands!!!!