Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers

Friday Night Leftovers

Head on over to Danifred's for what might be the last Friday Night Leftovers. (Boooo!!!)

  • I am soooo glad to be home. The boys and I left last Thursday and the boys, Tim and I returned last night. Woo-hoo for having everyone home!

  • I'm so proud of Tim for graduating from Non Commissioned Officers Academy.

  • Trip was so traumatized by the days of travel and by being left with my Mom for 24 hours that I had to hold him until he screamed himself to sleep last night. Don't misunderstand, he LOVES my Mom & she's great with the kids, but he's been super clingy since Tim left and I think it was just too much that I left him for a night, too.  And this kid NEVER wants to be held when he's tired, he would much rather be in his bed.

  • I really really don't want to finish unpacking and doing all the laundry. Boo!

  • Tim asked me last week on the phone when I wanted to start TTC again.  I told him to not ask me while I was being left alone with two toddlers for six weeks...he would not like the answer.  I can't even answer the question right now.  I almost freaked out the other night when I couldn't find my new pack of birth control pills.  And I do mean freaked out...as in near panic attack.  Yeah, it'll be at least another month before I revisit the topic of TTC.

  • The boys are at a really odd time right now.  And by "boys" I really mean Trip.  He is super clingy and emotional.  I'm super hesitant to take him out in public right now due to the fits he's pitching.  Honestly, if he'd been acting this way a couple of weeks ago, I would have never gone to Gatlinburg.

  • Speaking of Gatlinburg, I took the boys, met up with Tim, and went there a couple of weeks ago.  This topic deserves its own post, but just in case I don't get to it, I got to meet some super wonderful bloggers!  Courtney at Connect the Dots (private blog, sorry) and Susan at Not a Fertile Myrtle.  They are both wonderful people and we had an amazing time! I only wish we all lived closer (and that Suzy & I had brought yarn & hooks & needles & had time to teach Courtney how to knit or crochet so she'd be as addicted as we are)!!!

  • Oh yeah, during Tim's award and graduation ceremony I ended up sitting next to this guy.  It made me just a little nervous since I get a little stupid in public some times.  (yeah, yeah, yeah, I get stupid in private, too.)  He's a pretty important thing in Tim's world since he's his boss' boss or something like that.  He was really nice, though.  He drilled me about what the base can do to get spouses and families more involved.  I really didn't feel it was appropriate for me to tell him there really isn't anything he can do to get me involved. I'm just not a "military wife".  I'm married to a man in the military, but it's not our life.  I'm sure if we ever get stationed somewhere else or he gets deployed for more than 6 weeks our view will change, but as it is I live in Charleston and my husband works here, too.

  • Did I mention how much I don't feel like unpacking?

  • It seems there was a lot more I wanted to talk about on here, but it's gone, now.  I was reading but rarely commenting before all my travels over the past 6 weeks (the boys and I weren't home for about 1/2 of that) and now I'm planning on getting back into the reading AND commenting game.

  • OK...yeah...now I'm just rambling. So I'll stop.

  • Hopefully coming soon: a post about Gatlinburg and the sisterhood I found there & a Sock-It-To-Me post & a Blog-you-very-much post!!!

9 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

It is unfair that unpacking comes after a trip when you are so tired.

Amanda said...

AMEN!!!

Angela said...

Where was I when the news of you coming to Gatlinburg came up?!? Girl, I live in Knoxville - 20 mins from Gatlinburg lol Argh!!!!

Um ... that is all for now ... I stopped reading when I read you were in Gatlinburg and I had no clue. I'm sure I'll post another comment after I finish reading lol

Amanda said...

Tim was in school in Knoxville (well at McGhee-Tyson ANGB) for six weeks!! I was there Wednesday night, too. :'( No fair!

Danifred said...

I hate the unpacking part. HATE! I don't know why the packing always seems so easy and fast to do.

Bean is also in a clingy stage. I've noticed that during long periods of work/ school she gets even worse. Kiddos love their mommies!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Stopped over from FNL. I'm with you on the unpacking....hate it.

I love what you told the boss's, boss's, boss. Really great perspecitve which we could all use a dose of.

Suzy said...

YAY for all the greatness int his post!

Bec said...

Saw the man you sat next to - quite a few bars on that uniform!

What dress did you end up wearing?

Amanda said...

I ended up wearing dress #6. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and the guy that took a pic of Tim and I together doesn't seem to be following through with emailing me the pic like he said he would. :( This is actually the second time someone has taken a pic of Tim and I when he's been in uniform and I've been dressed up and they've failed to send it as promised both times. Boo!