Today, I'm thankful. My husband is gone, but he's only a state away. My husband was away for a small part of my pregnancy, but he was there for the birth. My husband is active duty military, but he is safe.
This poor woman isn't as lucky as I am. Her husband was in Afghanistan. Her husband wasn't there for the birth of his daughter, nor did he ever get to meet her. Her husband is dead, he died serving his country.
My heart breaks for her. I will definitely hold my husband tighter when I get to see him tonight.
4 comments:
Oh that's so awful. It certainly makes us more thankful doesn't it.
My heart goes out to her.
Oh, that is terrible. Thank you for the reminder of what people sacrifice for my, my family, and our country every single day. And thank you for your husband, his service, and the times you've had to sacrifice to be without him.
I am always thinking about our service members and their sacrifices. That is so sad.
Oh that is so sad. My heart breaks for her.
Thank you for sharing so that I may realize how petty my problems really are.
Post a Comment