Sunday, December 27, 2009

Putting it out there.

****If you are NOT in a good place right now, please do not read****

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm pregnant. 6 weeks 3 days as I type this. I've suspected since it was too early to test and known since 13dpo.  I've battled with the horrible medical system on the Air Force Base and dealt with the OK medical system on the Navy Base.  My beta 14dpo was 67.7.  My beta 18dpo was 411.1.  I finally managed an ultrasound and the worst ER in Charleston (where the evil USAF made me go because the primary care physician was angry with me for arguing with him about whether or not you could diagnose an ectopic pregnancy at 4 weeks) and was told "the baby is in the uterus".  My first OB appointment is January 6.

I have missed the love and support of my bloggy and twitter buddies this past couple of weeks.  I wanted to tell you sooner, but didn't want to put it out there until after Christmas.  I still remember how rough this time of year is while still in the trenches and didn't want to make it any harder.

I'm scared right now.  I'm scared of things not working out.  I'm scared of not being able to do this.  I'm scared of miscarriage and loss and still birth and neonatal loss.  I've already been blessed so much...why would I deserve any more?

In the grand scheme of what-could-have-been getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and bringing home my boys was fairly easy.  Yeah, we tried for years.  Yeah, we had an ectopic loss.  Yeah, we had some testing.  Yeah, we tried Clomid.  But then I got pregnant with twins!  Yeah, I had hyperemesis.  Yeah, my pubic bone separated.  Yeah, we had a scare with polyhydraminos. But I got two perfect healthy beautiful little boys!

Tim and I decided to throw out the birth control right after his Dad's heart attack.  I'd run out while we were out-of-town and after much MUCH talking, we just wanted to let things take their course.  We both felt that another child in the house would be nice.  We also both felt that it would probably take a while.  We would only have sex if we felt like it, not because it was CD 12-17.  I would wait at least a year before I used any OPKs or my CBEFM.  We wouldn't move to treatments if things didn't happen on their own.  If I wasn't pregnant by my 35th birthday then Tim would get a vasectomy and that would be it.  And now here we are.

I'm sorry this post is so jumbled.  I'm a little bit nervous.  I completely understand if I lose some people over this (yeah, because I have this huge readership...HAHAHAHAHA).  I'm scared of hurting anyone.  I'm scared of having to un-tell this.

For the record~ I didn't know I was pregnant when I wrote the beginning of this post.

24 comments:

Sue said...

Congratulations. I am very pleased for you guys. Don't feel bad, we less fortunate live our lives through people like yourselves. You give us hope when there is none, and yes we sometimes weep when we think 'why not us' but on the most part we are happy for couples like yourselves that have gone through the rough times just like us.
Here's hoping that baby bean is in the right spot and holds on until he takes his first big breath in the real world.
hugs Sue

Courtney said...

Holy crap!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I can understand you being nervous & scared. Crazy emotions going on, I'm sure.

(((hugs))) I'm sure you'll get all the support from the bloggy-world you need.

&&& YAY!!!!

Elaine said...

Awe! Yay! That is so dang exciting!!!!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news!

SassyMama said...

Congratulations!:)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!

I hear you on the guilt over it not being as difficult for yourself as it has been others. For me it has been hard to understand why a little femara and an IUI worked the 1st time and a surprise happened the second, when others try and try and try with no success. If only the world was fair.

Katie said...

Congratulations! I hope that you feel a bit better with this pregnancy. I have found myself to be even more sick this time around and it's not fun. WORTH IT? Absolutely! Tough as heck with one little one running around already (and you with TWO), kind of a bit nightmarish.

In any case, I wish you all of the luck in the world with this pregnancy.

geohde said...

wow-ww. Wasn't expecting that.

Have to admit I'm a little green eyed, but congratulations! :)

g

edenland said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastique!!!!

Congratulations, so so so much. Blog it loud and proud, sweetheart. Good on you.

XOXOXOXOXO

PS If it's another boy, you will be a lonely vagina like me!!

K@ourboxofrain said...

Congratulations!! What fantastic news!

Suzy said...

Congrats! That's great news!!!!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, that is fantastic! I understand your reluctance, but unexpected pregnancies after infertility happen a lot. Best wishes!

Angela said...

Congratulations!! Here's to praying and wishing for a super healthy, non-sick 9 months!!! Oh and a girl! Gotta balance out that heap o'testosterone you have going on in that house lol

uncomplicateme said...

Weeeeee! So happy for you. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and a sweet peanut in 9 months. xo

Imogen said...

lol @ eden.

Congratulations!!!! xo

Courtney said...

Major congratulations to you! This is fantastic news!! Can't wait to hear about your first appt. I will be sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Nicole said...

Congratulations. I am sooo happy for you all. We are certainly sending good, happy thoughts. Let us know if we can do anything for you all.

chezperky said...

Congratulations - how wonderful for you.

meghan said...

Congrats!!!

Angela said...

RYC: I think I confused things. It's been almost 2 yrs since I was fired, but it's only been 1 year since I got this job. Sorry ... I think it came out sounding like I've been at this job 2 yrs.

Megan said...

That IS a very similar post... and a very similar situation. Weird. But yours will be even closer together than mine. I'll be following you to see how you do it (that is if you even have time to get bloggy once number three arrives).

Nonnie said...

I am in a good place, and I am so happy for you! Has this not been revealed on FB, because I didn't see it in my newsfeed!

Amanda said...

Thank you!

A lot of people on FB know about it, but I haven't posted about it. We go tomorrow for an ultrasound (and OB visit, but we all know what I'm concerned about). After we get to see the heartbeat I'm going to put a ticker up.

Double Standards « Waiting no more said...

[...] that I didn’t feel I deserved this pregnancy before I even found out it was doomed.  (“I’ve already been blessed so much…why would I deserve any more?“  But I do want [...]