Friday, April 3, 2009

Such an exhausting day

My baby boy rolled from back to tummy today.  I wasn't there to see it.  I'd gotten cornered at the store by an acquaintance.  I missed seeing him roll over the first time.  He'll do it again, I know.

A couple of hours later my Mom called my husband's cell phone to speak with me.  My Grandma died today.  She was my last surviving grandparent.

I wish I'd seen my little boy roll over.

8 comments:

uncomplicateme said...

I'm so sorry. :( I wish we could let you have a do-over for today. xo

Farah said...

Oh Amanda. I am so sorry.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm so sorry, Amanda :( My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hope you get a lot of sweet baby love today to ease the sorrow.

Nicole said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

rebecca said...

sorry to hear the bad news. i had a bad day too and it makes being a mom so hard when everything seems to be going wrong. hugs!

Io said...

Oh Amanda, what a terrible day. I am so sorry for your loss.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry that you missed your baby boy rolling over!

XOXO

Courtney said...

That is so much to swallow in one day. I sincerely hope that things have improved since that day, and that you are feeling much, much better.

So sorry for your loss.