Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Exhale

I hate funeral homes.  I dislike funerals.  I have no more living grandparents.  I told my husband that I could smell death, was damn near choking on it.  He explained it was the chemicals they use, not death itself.  He's smelled death, so I guess he knows.  He hates funerals.  He said it's a job hazard (active duty military); I think it's more a reaction from watching his grandmother die of cancer when he was a child.

But it's done now.  She was in pain for as long as I can remember and she's not in any pain now.  Grandma is buried next to Grandpa.  They're together again.  You know, they got married 19 days after they met.  I've always thought that was amazing.

**************************************************



I'm back on Weight Watchers.  I started last Wednesday, but didn't bother with it while I was out of town.  It's really been kind of nice to eat healthy for a change.  Luckily I'm so busy with the boys that I don't really have much of a chance to get hungry.  Tim's high school reunion is in 5 months and I'd like to look a lot better than I do right now.  I'm still 20 pounds heavier than I was before I got pregnant and was 20 pounds heavier than my ideal healthy weight then.  Plus Tim said if I get to a healthy weight and keep it for a while (I decided "a while" = a year) then he'd get me a tummy tuck!

When I find WW recipes that I enjoy, I'll share them!

**************************************************



Jack got pink eye.  WTF?  How does a kid that rarely leaves the house and is never around other kids get pink eye?  I had an appointment at the clinic Friday morning, Saturday morning we went out of town for my Grandmother's funeral, Sunday evening I notice the kids eye is way gunky, pink and swollen.  I'm pretty sure he got the infection from the doctor's office some how.  How effed up is it that he probably got sick from the doctor's office.  Luckily it's almost all cleared up, now.

I also got Trip's eczema diagnosed while I had the boys at the doctor.  He's had it on his face for months.  At first I thought it was just a reaction to spit up that got on his cheek.  Then I figured it was probably eczema, but was controlled with Aveeno lotion.  Then it got worse, but Aquaphor seemed to help a lot.  Now nothing helps it and it sometimes flares up on both cheeks.  It's also covering a larger area on the original cheek and sometimes shows up on his forehead and chest.  Poor kid.  Now I've got a prescription to try and get it under control.  If anyone has any non-steroidal suggestions, I'm open!

Trip is also cutting two teeth.  Poor kid.

**************************************************



The postpartum depression is getting a little better.  The doctor and counselor are very pleased with the progress I've made.  I don't think they completely understand how I've managed to get it in check so quickly, but it wasn't too hard.  I've been through the depression & anxiety ringer many times in my life and know that things get better.  Just knowing that things will be better makes it easier to get through the hard times.  Right now times are still hard, but knowing that things will be better makes it OK.

**************************************************



Thank you so much for your thoughts and condolonces.

7 comments:

uncomplicateme said...

So sorry about your grandmother. I also hate funerals and funeral homes. In my mind I'd rather remember the person in a happier time. But then not going to their funeral bothers me too. :(

Good luck with WW! I know you'll do fabulous. I have this WW cookbook - there's a couple recipes in it we eat ALL the time and I'm not even on WW at the moment. Let me know if anything looks good from the amazon site and I'll send you the recipe! http://www.amazon.com/Watchers-Comfort-All-Time-Feel-Good-Favorites/dp/B000NJHKBA

B doesn't have eczema (yet), but my friend Jessica (and fellow blogger) suggested California Baby's calendula cream if his baby acne turns into eczema (she has a post on my Facebook wall from yesterday if you want to read it).

*hugs*

Farah said...

Yes ..Breath. We seem to get the ezcema under control - then get a flair up soon after we get it under control .. i think it's just one of those things. Does it seem to bother him? If he is tetehing. The drool will just continue to irratite it most likely. Hang on. We have found that sun helps MT's some.

I am sorry that you had to attend a funeral. I also hate funerals.

Maria said...

I agree about the funeral home "death smell" it gets me every time. I'm glad that grandma isn't in pain anymore and can be laid to rest with her husband. That is amazing that they married so soon after meeting. Cole and I were engage a month after meeting.

I had pink eye in high school, it was so not fun. I'm glad Jack's is clearing up. I'm so sorry that Trip's eczema keeps coming back. I hope you find a solution that keeps it away.

That's great news that your depression is getting a bit better. I too have had many times in my life where I was depressed/anxious and I know if you have a history of depression that you're more likely to get postpartum depression. It worries me a bit, but like you said, having gone through it many times, I know there's always light at the end of the tunnel. My favorite saying is "this too shall pass." It's so fitting for depression. It may take a while, but eventually passes.

Jen said...

Elizabeth's eczema gets worse when she's under some kind of stress, like a cold or not sleeping well. I put straight petroleum jelly on it and it cleared up overnight.

I think pink eye can be caused just by getting bacteria in the eye, so it's something that just happens, especially with babies always sticking their fingers in their eyes. You don't necessarily have to come into contact with someone else with pink eye. (Of course, that is how my grandmother caught it from my sister.)

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

geohde said...

Elidel, if it's available in the US.

And I am so sorry for your loss,

xx

g

sara said...

I'm so sorry about the funeral and your loss, as well as missing the little one roll over. Sending you lots of hugs..

Tracy said...

So sorry about your Gram.

You know, WW is a great program. I bet if you lose 40 pounds, you may not even need that tummy tuck (at least that's what I'm banking on.) ;)