Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new horizon on the horizon?

Mr. W has to reenlist in September.  More than likely he'll get orders by February.  This means we'll be moving somewhere.  Only God knows where.  I'm guessing either cornfields or cold weather.  And we just finished remodeling (rebuilding some parts) the house.  Sigh.  Such is the military life.

Change is good.  Change is good.  (If I say it enough I'll believe it, right?)

Afterthought:  He could get orders to Guam!  or Hawaii! or some other lovely tropical location! :-)

10 comments:

Farah said...

Florida is tropical!

Jen said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Hawaii or Guam for you!

uncomplicateme said...

Cornfields! I vote cornfields! As an added bonus, we also have cold weather! :)

We actually have really hot weather too, but alas no beaches or oceans...

eden said...

AUSTRALIA! Heh heh. Actually, I hope it's Hawaii. One day I'd love to live there, we could totally be neighbours.

U2 released their new album "No Line on the Horizon" today ... your post title reminded me! :)

sara said...

How great would that be if you got to see warm sunny skies, LOL!

Nancy said...

Wooo!!!! I often think of how exciting it must be to get new orders just to move ~somewhere~.

Here's to hoping its a fabulous place!

shinejil said...

I'm pulling for Hawaii... though I guess Guam would be okay. But the moving all the time? That's tough.

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment re: your experience with a little guy catching up. It gave me a lot of hope. Even in utero, we just have no idea what they're capable of, do we? :)

Amanda said...

Is there even an airforce base in FL? If I can handle Charleston's humidity, I can handle Florida's. :-)

Io said...

My friend John is stationed in Hawaii. Bastard.
I hope you get somewhere tropical, but if it's not to be, maybe you could get transferred to my cornfield!

Caro said...

Hope he gets stationed somewhere nice