Sorry for being so MIA. I know been less than two weeks since I've posted, but I've barely been reading or commenting. I'm bad, I know.
Right now I feel like hibernating. I just want to cocoon and hide and wake up in a few months. I guess it's the hormones, but I just feel like this is all so surreal. I don't want to wake up until it's really real and I'm holding these boys in my arms.
I had an OB appointment the other day and it went really well. The midwife said my weight gain is perfectly within normal limits. She said the the doctor I'd seen at my previous visit wasn't too familiar with twin pregnancies so he just didn't know as much. She also told me to take the Zofran if I needed it, that it was better for me to have more good days than bad, and that I could continue the medicine throughout the pregnancy if needed. I saw a doppler for the first time in my life and got to hear the boys heartbeats. Of course Baby A wasn't too fond of it so he made it difficult. Baby B, the calm one IMO, barely moved while she was checking him.
I found out that the majority of the doctors that could end up delivering me have no problem doing a vaginal birth as long as Baby A is in a good position. They will (can't remember the exact term she used) reach in and get Baby B if he's breach or transverse. This made me feel good because I'd like to deliver vaginally if possible. I really don't want to deliver Baby A vaginally then have to have a C-section for Baby B. She said they'd only do that if absolutely necessary. She also said that since I'm having twins I always have the option of having a C-section. I was informed that I should expect to go into labor all on my own around 36 weeks, but that if I didn't they wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks. That was honestly a relief. All in all it was a very good appointment.
I scheduled my birthing classes. Mr. W will be out of town for the first one, but the classes last a month and I just can't risk waiting until the November class. I tried to schedule a breast feeding class, but the only one that's open is late November. I tentatively scheduled it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.
Braxton Hicks suck. I didn't figure out that the odd feelings I'd been having were contractions until Thursday afternoon. Then it kind of hit me. Duh. But I only figured it out then because I'd been having so many of them. I called the clinic and when I finally heard back from a nurse she pretty much calmed me down. It turns out that my body is ready to be done with work. Apparently a desk job is just too much right now. Seriously? Yup, seriously. And the desk job is also the reason that I'm so damn swollen (I'm talking stretchy flip flops leave huge dents in my marshmallow feet swollen). She tried to tell me that it was because I wasn't drinking enough water, but I assured her I was drinking even more than they recommended. She asked if I was taking breaks at work to lay down for 20-30 minutes throughout the day. Um...does she have that option at her job? Really. Luckily I only have one week left before I'm done with work. I even explained to my bosses that if the contractions started acting up while I was at work, that I was taking a break (in their office none the less) and laying down for 20 or so minutes. At this point what can they say? You're fired...hahahahah! That would be hilarious, actually. I'd like to see them train my replacement.
Oh yeah, and I guess I didn't get the no-stretch-mark gene. Everything below the belly button looks shredded. Mr. W tried to comfort me by saying something about loving them because I got them bearing his children. He kind of counteracted that sweet comment about a week later when he saw me sans clothing, realized just how big my belly really is, and said, "I hope you're able to get your figure back." Um....in fact I'm more than likely never going to quite get my figure back. I can lose the weight and everything will shrink back some, but once you're stretched out to a certain point only surgery can fix it. I told him that it disturbed me that he had even said that and of course he came back with something along the lines of loving my body regardless. Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever.
Well, I've rambled enough. Now I'm going to go to bed. I promise, I may not be reading much and commenting less, but I am thinking of you all!!!
8 comments:
I figure that when your stomach shrinks back down, the stretch marks will be much less noticiable. It makes sense, right?
oh, and i have crazy olive skin that scars very easily.
“I hope you’re able to get your figure back.” OHNOHEDIDN'T. i hope he is able to get a sex life back. men, what is wrong with them. filter man! filter.
my stretch marks have almost faded only 14 days after birth. so, not all is lost. and tummy tucks really aren't that expenisve anymore.
Your post made me feel better. People don't understand why sitting at a desk all day is so hard on our bodies! So, you are stopping work at 27 weeks? I'm still playing it by ear, but I highly doubt I'll be able to work in the office up until the end.
I've read in books that you should take breaks and lie down at work. Is this really an option for most people? Maybe I'll ask my boss if there is room in the budget for a couch to put in my office. HA!
Hang in there! I hope you make it through the next week without too much laying on your bosses floor! Yeah, he'll get over your stretch marks.
I'm so glad you had a good appointment and got some good reassurance as well as far as stuff like the delivery as well as taking the zofran. Definitely want you to have more good days than bad as well :-) You made me giggle when you said the nurse told you to lay down for 20-30 minutes while at work...what planet does she come from, LOL! Could you imagine telling her to lay down every day at work, hehe! On a more serious note - I hope you have a good week and that things stay nice and quiet...I don't comment all the time either these days but I do think of you and check in often :-)
Yep- the tendancy to striae is genetic. All the creams in the world make no difference, except to the pocket of the purchaser :)
Having said that, I found lanolin helped with the itch and burn from having such stretched out skin.
Oh, and I'm 8 weeks post partum, I'm about the same size as I was before twins, but you're correct on the shape- it's all a bit rearranged!
ANd the term you're looking for for baby B is 'breech extraction'. I've seen one. Wierdly enough, it is possible to get a human arm up your neveryoumind, although I'd recommend an epidural first. :)
J
PS. Heck yes to keeping on with the zofran. I gained over 60 pounds.
Oh, and don't feel bad about leaving work at 27 weeks. I left at 18. Remember by the end of the second trimester you're about as big as a full term singleton pregnancy- it's physically hard yakka.
J
Post a Comment